+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1622Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Re: Talk about your troubles

Healing thoughts and prayers to Famita. I hope we will get an update on your surgery.

NorwIndian, FoRT is a great place to spend recovery time. It makes the day seem not as long and there is always a laugh to be found. Wishing you a speedy recovery so you can get back to your active lifestyle.

I am getting divorced. I entered the relationship as a child looking only for love and a life partner. My partner did love me; but the differences are irreconcilable and probably only painful to me. I have been connected to him 4 years at the hip. I endeavor to move lovingly into a friendship relationship for all to not go to waste and to retain my relationships with his family. It is best.
    You can do it!

Lizard, your pain comes through loud and clear in your post. I'm so sorry you have to go through this. I will take time, but eventually you will heal.
    Lizard likes this.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend...never owned a dog.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Wow, Liz. I am sorry for the unrest that I'm sure you've experienced. You've brought back to me the moment that I decided to do the same thing. Not easy. My thoughts are with you. I understand where you are. I wish peace of mind for you.
    Lizard likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

I'm sorry, Lizard, and hope you have some nice memories to sustain you as you enter divorce proceedings. I hope everything resolves amicably, and wish you nothing but the best.

Lizard ... so sorry ... but not an end, just a new beginning, with a known friend in the background, more knowledge to guide you ... and a wonderful and secure lifetime ahead of you. Blessings!
    Lizard likes this.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Hi Lizard, I hope everything goes as well as can be expected. Divorce is never easy - thinking good thoughts
    Lizard likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

My older sister is a stalker/control freak/narcissist. When I lived in a suburban city, the police would show up and deal with her. Where I live now, they won't. I live in a medium-size city. There is a task force to deal with gangs: that's what they spend their money on. When I went to the police station to fill out a report, the front desk told me to get a restraining order. She seemed annoyed: she wouldn't let me fill out a report. But, to get a restraining order, I would have to show up for the proceedings... and I don't want to: I can't stand the sight of my sister. So I didn't fill out a restraining order.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Good grief! So, what's your next move? Do you have an attorney? My mouth is agape.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

I read about someone who was stalked, didn't show up for the proceedings to get a restraining order, and was granted a restraining order... but, she had an attorney. I don't have the money for an attorney. I think if I filled out the forms, then didn't show up for the proceedings, they might throw the case out. My sister hasn't been harassing me as much as usual... she "just" occasionally shows up at 6 or 7 on Sunday morning and knocks on my door. She has pounded on my front door. (I was concerned that she would break the door down).

+ Reply to Thread