+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1359Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Doyu Gems Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Re: Talk about your troubles

NorwIndian, my good thoughts and best wishes to you! I started "boarding" years ago when I had back problems. The back problems have mostly ended but I got hooked. I'm glad you joined us here and I hope this place will continue to lift your spirits on your road to recovery.

famita, my prayers for a pain free future!! Thinking of you today.
    NorwIndian likes this.
    Happy Birthday, sir, despite the circumstances.--John Green

Quote Originally Posted by famita View Post
    Glad that you've joined "the elite", NorwIndian! We are a fun bunch!! Please say some prayers tomorrow morning @7:30. My surgery starts then. I'll enjoy at least a 5 day stay at one of our local 5 star hospitals, featuring great food (a joke). I'll be away for perhaps a long long time (to quote the Captain), but I'm looking forward to the end result...the ability to walk for more than 100 feet without pain! Will be sending you all many thoughts and prayers!!
    I'll be thinking of you. Come back to us as soon as you can.
    Count your blessings!

We hope you have great results!
    You can do it!

Kip
    FORT Fogey Shoot The Gems Hard Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Glad that you've joined "the elite", NorwIndian! We are a fun bunch!! Please say some prayers tomorrow morning @7:30. My surgery starts then. I'll enjoy at least a 5 day stay at one of our local 5 star hospitals, featuring great food (a joke). I'll be away for perhaps a long long time (to quote the Captain), but I'm looking forward to the end result...the ability to walk for more than 100 feet without pain! Will be sending you all many thoughts and prayers!!
    Famita - I'll be sending prayers your way tomorrow morning - and for the days afterwards.

All the very best Famita - hope to see you posting soon!
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by NorwIndian View Post
    Thank you all so very much. You'll never know how much you are bringing my spirits up.
    I've tried hard to not let this get me down and to keep my sense of humor but sometimes it really gets to me. I was really active before this. It's the boredom that gets me the most.
    Somebody above asked if my neighbors know about the situation. They do, we've talked to the ones we are close to and have given one of them a house key.
    My best friend of over 40 years lives about 10 minutes away, she has a key too and checks on me.
    Thank you all so much. I'm so happy to have found you guys!
    I am not far away, just up the road in Oregon! I am pretty active, too, and have been broken in the past, so I know how much the conversation here on FORT can go much more beyond tv talk. This forum is full of people who you can share many ideas with and even laugh with. As Pete the Cat would say, "it's all good!" (Forgive me, I work in a children's library).

Take care, I look forward to more conversations with you!
    Lizard and NorwIndian like this.

Thinking of famita as she heads into surgery.
    just1paul and Cootie like this.
    Count your blessings!

50 years and counting! AZChristian's Avatar

Joining the others in prayers for full recovery for both of you.
    just1paul likes this.

Famita - Wishes and prayers for a speedy healing and can't wait to see you back here.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Quote Originally Posted by NorwIndian View Post
    Hi everybody. I'm glad you have a section where I can whine.
    At the end of February, I decided to take my dog to visit my husband at his work, they have a dog that lives there that is buddies with my dog. My husband is a truck driver and was headed out on a 9 day job so I went over for the dogs to play and to take some road snacks I had made for him and the guy going with him.
    I was out in the "yard" playing Frisbee with the dogs.
    The wind carried the Frisbee and it went up on a second story roof. The guys were doing their truck inspection and I didn't want to bother them, so I decided to climb up and get it myself.
    I made it up just fine, I was a total tree climbing tomboy so I got up easy.
    As I took my first step to come down, I slipped and fell and landed flat on my butt, shattering 3 vertebra, breaking my tailbone in 4 places and breaking my right hip.
    I've now had 4 spinal surgeries, am facing at least 3 more, then after that comes the surgeries on my hip and tailbone.
    I'm confined to bed. I can't walk yet, but I can maneuver my legs enough to get out of bed and into my wheelchair to use the bathroom and go into the kitchen but not much more. Yet.
    My kids being grown and on their own and my husband being a long distance driver (he's looking for something more local now), I spend most days in bed alone. Aside from the nurses that come and my kids when they visit, it's just me, the dogs and the cat.
    Eventually, down the road, I will be able to use a walker or came to get around.
    I have to take a second and thank you all.
    I've filled a lot of long lonely hours here reading all of your comments. And thank you for the warm welcome I've received from the posters at the BB forum.
    I look forward to killing many more hours with you all.

I apologize for any typos. I'm typing from my phone and I'm loaded on pain killers.
    Prayers to you.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

+ Reply to Thread