+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree963Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Re: Talk about your troubles

NorwIndian, welcome to FORT. I came to this forum as a BB fan, too and know this place to be very entertaining and helpful if I am feeling out of sorts. It must be difficult to go from being the active type to bedridden in pain. I will keep you in my thoughts and know I'll see you here!

NorwIndian, it sounds like you have had a rough time with your injuires. I hope you will continue to recover. Being in pain and not being able to do what you normally do is so frustrating. Take faith that it's temporary. It's good to have you on these boards. I'll look forward to seeing you. I hope you're feeling better.
    cablejockey likes this.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

NorwIndian, so sorry to hear of your unfortunate accident and all of your surgeries. I cannot imagine the pain you must be in on a daily basis. Sending good wishes for complete healing and hope to see more of your posts here on FoRT!

Hi NorwIndian! Welcome to FORT.
    We're a good bunch & it's a fun place to hang out.
    Sorry about your accident & healing process. I could see me doing the exact same thing. I'm a climber too. I always say: "I'm short. I climb. It's what we do." My grown son is always on my case about it, telling me that I'll do exactly what you did, so I totally sympathize.
    Sounds to me like you're keeping a good attitude in your healing. That's important.

Meanwhile, hang out at FORT & check out all the forums. Lots to read & take in.
    "Some of us learn from other people's mistakes and the rest of us have to be other people."

FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar

Glad that you've joined "the elite", NorwIndian! We are a fun bunch!! Please say some prayers tomorrow morning @7:30. My surgery starts then. I'll enjoy at least a 5 day stay at one of our local 5 star hospitals, featuring great food (a joke). I'll be away for perhaps a long long time (to quote the Captain), but I'm looking forward to the end result...the ability to walk for more than 100 feet without pain! Will be sending you all many thoughts and prayers!!
    just1paul likes this.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Shoot The Gems Hard Champion

NorwIndian - Ouch! Wishing you a speedy and complete recovery. Climbing up to the roof is just the kind of thing I'd do - I need to remind myself to not do stuff like that anymore. My SIL's mother broke her ankle hiking about 4 weeks ago and she's had to be in bed all that time. Going from her bed to her bathroom with a walker is all she's done. She gets to get out of bed this week - and, boy, is she ready. She's going stir crazy in that room. But she didn't have to deal with the pain as you are.

How often do the nurses come?

Edited to add: You say only your kids and nurses come by. Do you have neighbors? I'm thinking it might be a good idea for your husband to let a couple of neighbors know what the situation is so they can be more watchful than usual while you're husband is on the road.
    Last edited by Kip; 07-17-2013 at 12:27 PM.

NorwIndian ...

Well ... it seems you are temporarily grounded ... so to speak.

I slipped and fractured my right femur (aka hip) last year and couldn't put any weight on it for 6 weeks after the repair It was frustrating ... so I understand maybe 5% of what you are enduring. It sounds as if you have a positive attitude and outlook. Work the therapy when appropriate and don't get discouraged.

The good news is you didn't break your fingers so you can visit and join in here whenever you like.
    As I said in the BB forum .. keep coming back!

See you again at BB ... and around!
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Thank you all so very much. You'll never know how much you are bringing my spirits up.
    I've tried hard to not let this get me down and to keep my sense of humor but sometimes it really gets to me. I was really active before this. It's the boredom that gets me the most.
    Somebody above asked if my neighbors know about the situation. They do, we've talked to the ones we are close to and have given one of them a house key.
    My best friend of over 40 years lives about 10 minutes away, she has a key too and checks on me.
    Thank you all so much. I'm so happy to have found you guys!
    Cootie likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by famita View Post
    Glad that you've joined "the elite", NorwIndian! We are a fun bunch!! Please say some prayers tomorrow morning @7:30. My surgery starts then. I'll enjoy at least a 5 day stay at one of our local 5 star hospitals, featuring great food (a joke). I'll be away for perhaps a long long time (to quote the Captain), but I'm looking forward to the end result...the ability to walk for more than 100 feet without pain! Will be sending you all many thoughts and prayers!!
    Famita, best wishes on your surgery recovery after the surgery. I've said a prayer for you and will continue through your surgery tomorrow. I guess you will be off the boards during your stay in the hospital. We'll be thinking of you and wishing you healing thoughts. Take care. I know that gettting rid of the pain is something to look forward to.

Best of luck with your surgery. I'll be sending good thoughts your way. Stay positive.

+ Reply to Thread