+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1624Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Re: Talk about your troubles

I'm sending thoughts and prayers for your family AZChristian and to the families who's prayers have also been answered by organ donations.
    AZChristian likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    Our daughter-in-law's younger son (25) was gravely injured in a motorcycle accident around midnight on Friday. It was determined last evening that he was brain dead, and the difficult decision was made to remove him from life support. I'd only met him twice, but my heart is heavy for my son, DIL, her older son, and the grandparents. Kind thoughts on their behalf would be appreciated.
    Oh, AZ, I am so sorry to hear this. You have my prayers {{hugs}}
    AZChristian likes this.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

So sorry to hear that, AZ Christian. What a tragic loss.
    AZChristian likes this.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

AXChristian, my thoughts and prayers to you and your family. And sending good thoughts and prayers to all who received his organs.
    AZChristian likes this.

How sad, yet good for someone.
    AZChristian likes this.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Hi everybody. I'm glad you have a section where I can whine.
    At the end of February, I decided to take my dog to visit my husband at his work, they have a dog that lives there that is buddies with my dog. My husband is a truck driver and was headed out on a 9 day job so I went over for the dogs to play and to take some road snacks I had made for him and the guy going with him.
    I was out in the "yard" playing Frisbee with the dogs.
    The wind carried the Frisbee and it went up on a second story roof. The guys were doing their truck inspection and I didn't want to bother them, so I decided to climb up and get it myself.
    I made it up just fine, I was a total tree climbing tomboy so I got up easy.
    As I took my first step to come down, I slipped and fell and landed flat on my butt, shattering 3 vertebra, breaking my tailbone in 4 places and breaking my right hip.
    I've now had 4 spinal surgeries, am facing at least 3 more, then after that comes the surgeries on my hip and tailbone.
    I'm confined to bed. I can't walk yet, but I can maneuver my legs enough to get out of bed and into my wheelchair to use the bathroom and go into the kitchen but not much more. Yet.
    My kids being grown and on their own and my husband being a long distance driver (he's looking for something more local now), I spend most days in bed alone. Aside from the nurses that come and my kids when they visit, it's just me, the dogs and the cat.
    Eventually, down the road, I will be able to use a walker or came to get around.
    I have to take a second and thank you all.
    I've filled a lot of long lonely hours here reading all of your comments. And thank you for the warm welcome I've received from the posters at the BB forum.
    I look forward to killing many more hours with you all.

I apologize for any typos. I'm typing from my phone and I'm loaded on pain killers.

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    Our daughter-in-law's younger son (25) was gravely injured in a motorcycle accident around midnight on Friday. It was determined last evening that he was brain dead, and the difficult decision was made to remove him from life support. I'd only met him twice, but my heart is heavy for my son, DIL, her older son, and the grandparents. Kind thoughts on their behalf would be appreciated.
    AZ ... I just read this. Please accept my prayers, thoughts and thanks for their extraordinary thoughtfulness during their deep sorrow.

Prayers for them all ... the givers and the recipients!
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

I'm so sorry to hear that, so young. My son in law rides one of those things and I know my daughter has ridden with him a few times. I hold my breath until I hear that she's home safe. I wish I could ground her and forbid her from going on it. Those things scare the heck out of me.
    So sorry for your loss.

NorwIndian - Thank you for sharing your story with us. So sorry to hear how extensive your injuries are. I hope you surprise them all and make a full recovery after all the surgeries. I know it really helps to have a support group and distraction. Also glad you have your dogs and cat for companionship.
    My dad was a doctor and we were strictly forbidden to be on motorcycles growing up after what he had seen in the emergency room. Both my son and one of my daughters had motorcycles at one point - against my wishes, but they were over 21 so what could I do? They laugh now and tell me about accidents they had that I never knew about. My son was in one I did know about because his girlfriend had to practically carry him into the house afterwards.
    Count your blessings!

AZ- thoughts and prayers are with you and yours!

NorwIndian- wow, good luck with your healing, hopefully it will be successful and you wont be bed ridden for too long. Thank goodness you have pets to cuddle with at least. BB will def help pass the time, and pretty soon you'll be just as addicted to FORT as BB
    "Love is not a fight, but it's something worth fighting for"- Warren Barfield

+ Reply to Thread