+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1622Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

I told you all that I would update you on my daughter in law's mother. The oncologist said that her femur and the hip socket are involved. He doesn't think that that is the point of origin and they are doing more tests to try and locate that area. It is inoperable but they do plan to do chemo, and probably radiation therapy.

Oh, Muduh, I'm so sorry to read this. Here's hoping the chemo will turn things around quickly.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

I hope it works out for her Mudah. What a hard thing for her and everyone else to be going to.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

Oh Muduh, my prayers are with your family!

Thanks for updating us, Muduh. My thoughts and prayers go out to your family. Hopefully they can slow down the diease with chemo and radiation.
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

Muduh, I'm Sorry for your daughter- in- law's troubles, and I hope her mother's illness turns out to be treatable.
    Well I was born in a small town
    And I can breathe in a small town
    Gonna die in this small town
    And that's prob'ly where they'll bury me

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Muduh, I'm sorry for your daughter-in-laws problems. I hope everything works out for her and her family. I will continue to keep them in my prayers
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Forgot to post that the black cloud that is hanging over my head is still not gone. One of my sister's friends, who I know very well, died in a fire Saturday night. The fire started under the bed, but his wife couldn't get him out. Something just doesn't seem right. I, personally, would do ANYTHING I could do get my husband out of a burning bed. I just feel for his 2 little ones.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    This isn't earth-shattering news, but it does affect a whole slew of my people. Since I've been sharing each and every miniscule event in my daughter's life - the divorce and all - I thought I'd share the most recent drama. It does fall into this category, however (troubles, troubles).

TJ called Lori the other night and demanded she move out of [B]their[/bold] house - by this coming Saturday. He's kicking his own children out of their home. How can someone justify that?

They had a huge fight, of course, over the phone thank goodness, but Bailee witnessed the whole thing - and she can't figure out "why daddy hates us." As if Lori isn't going through enough stress already! How do you tell a 3-year-old what is giong on - when she doesn't have the cognitive development to understand?

As soon as they hung up the phone, she grabbed some clothes, snagged up the babies and took off right after the fight, and went to stay with her step-sister. She said she never wants to step foot in that house again. And she won't go back there by herself - no way. We told her she can't go unless one of us is with her. Preferably her dad. He is much more menacing than I am.

Lori was supposed to live in the house until it sold, and then move out to an apartment or whatever she can afford. TJ made the call, but I'd bet the farm his mom put this idea in his head. Be out of the house by this weekend - he has decided he wants it now. I mean his mother has decided. (Is my contempt for this woman show yet?)

So the whole family is out recruiting people to help her move. I did get a chance to say to her that she is really blessed to have such a great support group around her - always willing to help at a moment's notice, and that everyone loves her to pieces. She said she realizes it, and it has really helped her get through this. Now the really bad news: she has to move back home to her dad and step-monster's house. With her two kids. None of them are looking forward to that mayhem, but at least there are enough rooms that they won't be crowded or in each other's way. Wes (her dad) and I tag teamed her on the phone yesterday (I love conference calling) - and talked her into moving back home - even if it's just until she finishes up this last class and has more time to spend with the kids.

The poor kid was doing so well, too. Her own house, a brand new car - and just graduating from college. Fortunately, she does have what matters most - the kids. Now the house is gone - just after they remodled the entire place. The car is gone - she won't be able to make payments on that. While TJ sits at his mom's house with no bills to pay. I know I promised not to get involved - and I hope it doesn't come to that. But the only thing that would get me in a dither is if Shelly sticks her nose in there.

Wes and I both made her swear on a stack of Huggies that TJ never laid a hand on her. I'm not sure I believe that, but if she doesn't want to say it - that's fine. She did say, however, that over a year ago TJ was pulling one of his shenanigans - causing a fight, again. And she hauled of and punched him right in the kisser. Not a slap, but a full-on punch. She said he just stood there like a deer in headlights. Now, I would never suggest violence as a cure for anything -ever, but I sure wish I was a fly on that wall.

I've rambled on way way too long here, sorry. It's hard watching my baby go through this crap.

/end rant

JD, I am so sorry for what TJ is putting your daughter and grand babies through. I don't know him, but right now I think he is a pompous @ss. How can a father kick his own children out of the only place they know???? What a jerk!!! I hope everything works out for your daughter. I'm glad you and Wes had a conference call with her insisting she move back home for a while. This is the best thing for her right now. I wish you and your family the best of luck..

+ Reply to Thread