+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1656Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: Talk about your troubles

The other interesting thing is that the same tick can give you about 3 OTHER diseases at the same time, some of which have overlapping symptoms... yikes... Well, not meaning to ADD to anyone's troubles!

I read the article and didn't know about the other diseases before! The way I understood it, the resistance to antibiotics happens after it has been in you for a while. I'm on a strong, 3 week course that started just days after finding this huge welt (not even sure it was a tick - more probably a spider). So hopefully if it WAS a tick and one of those diseases, it was treated early enough to knock it out. I guess time will tell.
    Count your blessings!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Crossing my fingers for you---hopefully they were testing you for all the assorted options so they can be sure they gave you the right antibiotics for whichever one(s) you have. Feel better!

Thank you PWS. I am feeling much better. Maybe not 100% strength and endurance-wise, but appetite is back and I'm getting stuff done as long as I don't try to do too much at once.
    Cootie likes this.
    Count your blessings!

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, Bejeweled® 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

So glad to hear you are feeling better, Gutmutter. I hope you have a full recovery soon!

This is not a trouble, so much as an annoyance: I hate it when people tell me my daughter's are going to turn into hellions as they get older. When they were little and heading into pre-teens people told me to wait until they were a little older, they will turn awful. Now that they are teens, people tell me to wait until they are 15 or 16 and how impossible they will be. My kid's are 13 and 14 and lovely people. When I insist they are, I get a sarcastic, "oh, so they are just so perfect, aren't they?" Yuck. Why does everyone insist my kids must be awful to be normal teens? We have a great relationship (yes, they fight once in a while and disappear into their rooms and push buttons and stuff but nothing heinous) but we talk and they still like to be with me so I'm hoping to keep that relationship going right through to adulthood. I'm not sure why, but it makes me SO irritable!
    Happy Birthday, sir, despite the circumstances.--John Green

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat View Post
    So glad to hear you are feeling better, Gutmutter. I hope you have a full recovery soon!

This is not a trouble, so much as an annoyance: I hate it when people tell me my daughter's are going to turn into hellions as they get older. When they were little and heading into pre-teens people told me to wait until they were a little older, they will turn awful. Now that they are teens, people tell me to wait until they are 15 or 16 and how impossible they will be. My kid's are 13 and 14 and lovely people. When I insist they are, I get a sarcastic, "oh, so they are just so perfect, aren't they?" Yuck. Why does everyone insist my kids must be awful to be normal teens? We have a great relationship (yes, they fight once in a while and disappear into their rooms and push buttons and stuff but nothing heinous) but we talk and they still like to be with me so I'm hoping to keep that relationship going right through to adulthood. I'm not sure why, but it makes me SO irritable!
    I know how you feel, Spock. No one has told me my daughter would be a hellion, but they seem annoyed that she is very well behaved. Sure, we have our moments but we both know when to go to our corners and calm down. My daughter is 15 and an awesome kid.
    spockwhat likes this.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Maybe these hellion-predictors are just jealous.
    The high-scoolers I've tutored in the past — and tutor now — are great young adults. Sure, they have their "moments" with their parents, but 99.9% of the time, they're ALL intelligent, respectful, thoughtful, funny, and fun.
    Their parents started "doing the hard work" during the diaper-days, and now they're reaping the rewards.
    cablejockey, spockwhat and Debb70 like this.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

I've had quite a time this week. First, I got a golf ball through my bedroom window and then before I could get it fixed, my air conditioner broke down! I decided to wait on getting the window repaired because I was able to patch and tape it up. I couldn't go too long without air conditioning. Fortunately my home warranty company covered the repair to my air conditioner and they were able to send someone out today to fix it so I'll be able to sleep tonight. I'll have to find out what it's going to cost to get the window fixed. I'll probably just hire a handyman to put plywood over the window until I can afford to get the glass replaced.

You might as well get an estimate on a window. Then you'll know. Sorry you're having annoying hassles.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat View Post

I know the feeling. My middle son was a non-drinker, in fact I had very mimimal drinking trouble with any of my kids.
    Middle son was an active fun loving kid with loads of friends, many of whom did drink. He always acted as the designated driver to make sure everyone was safe. He told me this & his friends admitted it too. I never minded him going out to teen age gatherings because of this. I liked the fact that he was helping things be safer for others. A small solution to the problem.

Anyhow, anytime I ever mentioned this to any other adults, I got eye rolls & chuckles. They told me he was just keeping it from me & I was delusional. That all kids drink & most a lot.
    I wanted so bad to say "Just because your own children are liars & hellions doesn't mean mine are. I raised mine right!!" But I just kept my mouth shut & walked away. It made me so mad! Like they were putting down both me & my son.

Many years later as a responsible adult, he drinks very minimally & never if he's going to be driving. Some of these friends have talked about how good it was back then to have a friend who kept them safe while they were being young & stupid.
    Ellen and spockwhat like this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

+ Reply to Thread