+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1659Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Re: Talk about your troubles

That's really good advice.
    I made it to the store and back, for which my cats are grateful, but I think I probably don't need to go to the dump. My head felt a little swoopy down some of the aisles.
    Count your blessings!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

STOP PUSHING YOURSELF TO OVERDO, YOUNG LADY!! That's an order! Hope you are rehydrating. I'm sure that fever took more out of you than you think.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Hooray for health!!!
    I think we assume too many things are 'flu' these days. It's a better idea to go in and try to get a definitive diagnosis before things go too far south. Never be embarrassed to check in with the doc if you think something is wrong. They'll be the first ones to tell you that.....and even if it is "flu", that's what they are there for!
    I had some sort of URI for which I was given antibiotics. I took them religiously and even when I was dreadfully ill and could barely get out of bed, my friend was saying you MUST take your meds. I finally called the doctor because I wasn't getting better, I was worse. So I went ... and he looked at my back ... and guess what? My back was one giant hive ... as in hives from an allergic reaction. That is how I learned I am allergic to sulpha drug which is what the antibiotic was. So yes. It is good that you checked it out. There is also some new flu that is supposed to be a bad one. So maybe a spider bite is better?

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    That's really good advice.
    I made it to the store and back, for which my cats are grateful, but I think I probably don't need to go to the dump. My head felt a little swoopy down some of the aisles.
    Do not travel or operate alone when swoopy! That is how I ended up falling and fracturing a femur. I swooped right down to the hardwood floor and confirmed it is indeed hard!. Make sure you are drinking water and you mentioned your appetite isn't great yet. Eat anyway!
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Gutmutter, glad to hear you are feeling better and your doctor has you on antibiotics.
    In my area, we had a mild winter so I guess instead of dying out as they usually do, the insects hid out and worked on the potency of their venom. I've been stung this spring and it seems to pack an extra punch.
    Inside the house, I use chemical free glue traps placed along the baseboards, under beds, in closets, cabinets and around water sources (toilets, washer,etc.). They work well in catching insects that escape my cat's eagle eye. The only problem I've had with the glue trap was a very nosy, at the time kitten, got his paw stuck on the trap trying to poke in the trap to see if anything interesting was inside. It didn't hurt him, just bruised his macho ego for a little while. He made all kinds of racket running through the house while trying to shake the trap off his paw. He leaves them alone now.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

at the kitten glue trap story--what an image!

For all of you in Lyme country (which includes me--been there, done that, and it is one mean sickness), just was reading a story in the paper the other day about Lyme--that while the majority of the cases present with the bullseye, a LOT don't. Some don't even have a rash. Since the PR for the bullseye has been so effective even many doctors don't know that a substantial minority (like 40% or so) of cases do NOT have it. So, just beware. As was said above, if you get the right drugs for it early you get off with just the "flu" symptoms, but if you don't it can dig in deep and cause all kinds of serious long term problems--one friend who got it in the early days before they realized it was in our part of the woods (literally) wound up needing a pacemaker for a while and even went blind for a while. So even if there's no bullseye it is worth being tested for Lyme if you are in Lyme country.

Also, re spider bites, even if it is non venemous, you can get an infected bite, get cystitis, get blood poisoning, etc., and DIE. So hope you are all cleared up now! I tell you, it is worth investing in a good full length mirror if you live alone, not for vanity but for health! And then use it! When I had my Lyme, I had the bullseye, but not where I could see it without a mirror, and as I was feeling so bad I never looked---and neither did my sig. other.

Even if you don't LIVE in Lyme country, be careful if you visit an area with Lyme. Years ago, before Lyme reached California, the brother of a neighbor came to visit. Shortly after returning to CA he became ill. After months of doctors visits and all sorts of test and antibiotics he was still no better. He was talking with the Dr. one day and the doc was saying he simply didn't know what was wrong or how to fix it when the guy mentioned he had vacationed in Maryland. The doc immediately tested for Lyme. Bingo!!
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend...never owned a dog.

I've been very emotional this week, being so ill. Not sure what the connection is, but Father's Day has been very difficult for me today.
    Count your blessings!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I found that Lyme just drained the energy out of me, not just physical but emotional strength seemed very low. Hugs to all of us whose dads aren't around, for whatever reason.

I missed my Father really badly this year. Damn depression
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I missed my Father really badly this year. Damn depression
    Sorry Fanny Mare. We who still have our fathers are lucky indeed. I hope you feel better today.
    Fanny Mare likes this.

+ Reply to Thread