+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2014Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Re: Talk about your troubles

As bad as the spider bite (or whatever it is) was, it still beats a case of Lyme! Glad you ar better. Is school out for the year yet?
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend...never owned a dog.

No, we still have another week.
    On Fridays I do a "Friday Challenge" with candy prizes... sort of think-on-your-feet art so people who behind on projects can get caught up. My sub plan for today was to draw a picture of a spider biting me or make a 3D spider out of construction paper. I can't wait to go in on Monday and see what they came up with.
    Baby's Breath likes this.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    I knew I had written that somewhere! I swear, you have to be careful what you put out there.
    The circle (solid red) is about 5" across. My house is surrounded on 3 sides by woods and may have just as many spiders inside as out. I got all industrious and swept and mopped the basement the other day. It could have happened then. I don't think it matters since the course of antibiotics should take care of any of them.
    How do you feel about cats?
    I've found that they are the best insect control I've had. When I had my sweet cat-man, my house was darned near spider/insect free for many many years. He was a housecat & was always on patrol.
    Since he's been gone, it's been back to basics. Occasional spiders, flys, moths, etc.

I still can't bring myself to replace him. He was my buddy & I had him for many years. Mr Personality too.
    But I want the insect control back.

If you like cats, maybe get one as a housecat. Other people I know have said the same.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

I adore cats. I have two and you're right... I haven't actually seen many spiders inside. I'm just guessing the attic and the basement are better habitats.
    Count your blessings!

I have read cardboard boxes are breeding grounds for spiders. They say when you move, to unpack anything you have in cardboard boxes as soon as possible.

I may be in trouble!

The spider project for your Friday Challenge for the kids was genius ... and I think it was probably fun for them and will cheer you when you return on Monday. Might be one of those laughter is the best medicine things!
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

OR, the kids that cursed you will draw you as the spider. That, too, would be creative and a way to vent.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

My, obviously, useless-ass cats don't "do" bugs. I'm lucky to get a fly, even slightly, swung at around here.
    Photobabe likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Dexter finally lives up to his serial killer name when it comes to flies. He doesn't do mice, but a fly doesn't have a chance in my house.
    I'm happy to report that I'm improving by leaps and bounds. I hope to be able to get out to the store today. Other than that, I'm planning to take my reading out to the screen tent for at least part of the day. Get some fresh air.
    AZChristian likes this.
    Count your blessings!

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Glad you're feeling better, Gutmutter!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Hooray for health!!!

I think we assume too many things are 'flu' these days. It's a better idea to go in and try to get a definitive diagnosis before things go too far south. Never be embarrassed to check in with the doc if you think something is wrong. They'll be the first ones to tell you that.....and even if it is "flu", that's what they are there for!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread