+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1359Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Re: Talk about your troubles

I've been suffering from what I thought was the flu for the last 2 days. I mean sleeping 36 hours straight, aches, chills, temp of 103, severe headaches and light sensitivity. You name it. I took two days off work, but to take off a third, I have to have a doctor's note. Our vice principal came to take me to my appointment because I couldn't drive. The doctor was assuming flu, too, but when he went to listen to my heart/lungs and lifted the back of my shirt, he stepped back and said, "WOW! How long have you had that?" I didn't know what he meant, so he made me stand up and look in the mirror. I have a dark red, hot to the touch, solid circle with a scab in the middle. He doesn't think it's Lyme disease, but he's testing me anyway. I'm on Amoxicillin for 3 weeks. Who knew a massive infection had the same symptoms as the flu?
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    I've been suffering from what I thought was the flu for the last 2 days. I mean sleeping 36 hours straight, aches, chills, temp of 103, severe headaches and light sensitivity. You name it. I took two days off work, but to take off a third, I have to have a doctor's note. Our vice principal came to take me to my appointment because I couldn't drive. The doctor was assuming flu, too, but when he went to listen to my heart/lungs and lifted the back of my shirt, he stepped back and said, "WOW! How long have you had that?" I didn't know what he meant, so he made me stand up and look in the mirror. I have a dark red, hot to the touch, solid circle with a scab in the middle. He doesn't think it's Lyme disease, but he's testing me anyway. I'm on Amoxicillin for 3 weeks. Who knew a massive infection had the same symptoms as the flu?
    I hope the fact that it had a scab means it's healing. I notice that you mention being out in your garden a lot and I wonder if something ... like a spider ? ... bit you.
    Your symptoms sound pretty scary ,,, 103 temperature is awful. Glad you went to the doctor and he is treating you. I hope you are feeling much better soon.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Wow..that is scary. Do you live in Lyme country? And yes, it could be a spider bite as well. Little buggers. Just don't add a bee sting to that or you might be like my Dad and go into shock.

Here's hoping the medicine works and kicks the infection.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I do live in Lyme country, but it isn't a typical ring or bulls eye type mark, it's solid red. Even if it is Lyme, catching it early and treating it with strong antibiotics can knock it out. I'm really hoping I start feeling better soon, now that I'm on the antibiotics because I have been so sick it was scary.
    Count your blessings!

I was thinking spider bite. Years ago my grandmother thought she had the flu, turned out she had a bite on her thigh( at the back) hope you feel better soon.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I hope you're better. It does sound like a bite of some sort. I had a friend who was bitten by a spider once on her head and she had similar symptoms as yours. I don't call if her fever was as high though.

Here's a link about the black widow bite. It does cause high fever.
    Spider Bite Symptoms
    Last edited by Debb70; 06-14-2013 at 11:03 AM.

I don't know if we'll ever know what it was unless it comes back positive as Lyme. After two doses of strong antibiotic I'm able to sit up and read, so that'll hold me for a while. I'm glad I'm one of those people who keeps extra supplies in case of emergencies, not that I'm eating much yet. In fact, I have to go through the fridge and see what I should throw in the freezer.
    Count your blessings!

You never said how large that red circle was and you may want to look at some pictures.

There are galleries of photos of different suspected spider and insect bites.

The Brown Recluse seems to be the most common bad guy.

You just have been spending so much time out of doors in the garden and maybe one of them didn't like you moving into his habitat.

I really hope you feel much better soon ... and do stay on top of it.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    I think everything went well. They didn't even do the dye to the lymph nodes because they were fairly sure it wasn't that far along. But she didn't let us in on her plans for who she was staying with after, so we don't even know where she is. I'm sure she's fine. I had such a HORRIBLE DAY AT WORK my thoughts aren't even with her right now. If she can't be bothered to tell us where she is, I can wait to hear how she is. Meanwhile I have a FIFTH GRADER calling me a f***ing b**ch in front of the whole class and he's back in my class 20 minutes later. The kids are out of control and the administration has given up. TWO MORE WEEKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I feel some sick days coming on.
    Talk about writing your own destiny, Gutmutter!

Sorry about the kid (totally inexcusable ), and sorry about how lousy you've been feeling. Get well soon.
    Photobabe likes this.

I knew I had written that somewhere! I swear, you have to be careful what you put out there.
    The circle (solid red) is about 5" across. My house is surrounded on 3 sides by woods and may have just as many spiders inside as out. I got all industrious and swept and mopped the basement the other day. It could have happened then. I don't think it matters since the course of antibiotics should take care of any of them.
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread