+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1359Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Re: Talk about your troubles

Gut: "a stronger, more caring person"

That is the best way to look at any hardship.....thank you Gut and a big hug! :love
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Been traveling and off line, just catching up with people's news, so much sadness--hope the falling parents and cancer patients are doing better by now. About all I have to add is for Gut---my mother-in-law was diagnosed with breast cancer and treated in her late 80's or so, died in her 90's of something entirely different with no recurrence, so have hope. On the plus side by then she was getting quite "forgetful"---one day someone said to her they hoped she wasn't in pain (from the treatment), and she said, quite genuinely puzzled, why would I be in pain? After that we didn't even mention cancer to her--it was enough her caretaker and doctor knew she'd had it, as any aftereffects weren't noticeable to her.
    Good to hear the treatment becomes ever less invasive.

My mom's surgery is today. She went for her pre-op tests yesterday and a nurse explained all the risks and possible outcomes - which really scared her. She has been in a little bit of denial, I think. My sister was going to be there with her, but my mom told her she would just have her neighbor drive her to the hospital and pick her up. Then she found out someone needed to be with her for 24 hrs. after, so she's going to stay at a friend's house for the day. I'll be in contact with my sister who is the hospital/family liaison by phone.
    Count your blessings!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Things become so much more real when the professionals start framing your situation with words, but I'm sure I don't have to tell YOU that. I'm sorry you can't be there. My blood transfusion became hideously terrifying when I had to read/sign the actual consent form; I was there by myself, at that moment. God bless your mom.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar

Sending continued healing thoughts and prayers.

I've said a prayer for your mom and her surgery today. And for you as you wait. I hope everything goes just fine and you get good news soon.

Prayers continuing and hope you will keep us posted here.

It really is scary when they start to tell you about all the possibilities. The local hospitals here sometimes kept outpatient surgical patients who need to be with someone for 24 hours, in the hospital for 23 hours. That way they are not billed for a full day. I honestly don't know if they still do that ... since the last person I know of was about 3 years ago.

It is good that she has a support network of family and friends.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Good thoughts for your mum Gutmutter. Let us know how everything goes - as soon as you are able
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I think everything went well. They didn't even do the dye to the lymph nodes because they were fairly sure it wasn't that far along. But she didn't let us in on her plans for who she was staying with after, so we don't even know where she is. I'm sure she's fine. I had such a HORRIBLE DAY AT WORK my thoughts aren't even with her right now. If she can't be bothered to tell us where she is, I can wait to hear how she is. Meanwhile I have a FIFTH GRADER calling me a f***ing b**ch in front of the whole class and he's back in my class 20 minutes later. The kids are out of control and the administration has given up. TWO MORE WEEKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I feel some sick days coming on.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    I think everything went well. They didn't even do the dye to the lymph nodes because they were fairly sure it wasn't that far along. But she didn't let us in on her plans for who she was staying with after, so we don't even know where she is. I'm sure she's fine. I had such a HORRIBLE DAY AT WORK my thoughts aren't even with her right now. If she can't be bothered to tell us where she is, I can wait to hear how she is. Meanwhile I have a FIFTH GRADER calling me a f***ing b**ch in front of the whole class and he's back in my class 20 minutes later. The kids are out of control and the administration has given up. TWO MORE WEEKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I feel some sick days coming on.
    Well, dang. I am glad to read that your mom made it through her surgery and that it wasn't a worst case scenario. But it is weird that she didn't let you know where she is staying. As for school, our kids are going a little wild, but not that bad. That kid would not have been sent back to class at my school. I work at a K-5 and the staff is pretty firm about not condoning that kind of behavior. Middle schools have a different reality, maybe? I bet there are plenty of kids who felt bad about you being treated like that.

Our classes are out in 3 days and it is going to be a wild ride until then.

+ Reply to Thread