+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1772Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

I interviewed for a job once, the person talking to me asked why I was applying.
    I said I wanted something without the responsibility, etc., etc., he then said what about when you find out that you need the dollars that go with the job you're leaving, you will probably leave this one. That ended that. I just wanted to do my 9-5.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Quote Originally Posted by J.D.
    dberk - I empathise with you here. I know anytime I've tried to apply for a job for which I was over-qualified, I was met with suspicious looks and questions re why would I want to take a step down. I've been told that people who interview over-qualified applicants don't think you'll be staying long, that you may be looking for a step up - leaving them in the same predicament. I don't know how helpful that is, but that's what I've been told.

Good luck on the search!
    The overqualified applicant tends to get bored easily and eventually becomes a disruptive presence in the workplace. Rarely does he overperform. More likely he sees a task and sees how "easy" it is and never ends up doing it. Or the work is so far "beneath" him that he silently protests. After the silent protests he will either alienate himself with your other employees or try to take them down with him by creating mgmt vs employee atmosphere.

Ugh I've seen it all. The funny/sad thing is that the results are almost identical to the employee that is overwhelmed and underqualified for the position.

my troubles..
    ever since my wife had a miscarriage she has been depressed
    19 months ago...

dberk, the last job I applied for, I didn't get - I called and asked the interviewer what happened, and she told me that I was overqualified - but then asked me if I would be interested in a different position that was opening up, which was more in line with my experience and salary expectations. I ended up getting the better job. It can pay to follow up with a phone call.

Novalia, if your wife is still depressed after more than a year and a half, it's time for her to see her doctor. That's far too long to suffer.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Novalia
    my troubles..
    ever since my wife had a miscarriage she has been depressed
    19 months ago...
    Novalia - I've so been there. It may be a combination of having the miscarriage and then not being able to have a child yet. I hope she talks to someone about it. I've been there and know it's okay to seek help. I had people I could turn to, but sometimes an outside source is your best bet. Good luck to her (and you)

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    My troubles. Although they don't compare with others in here, I do need to vent.

Now that Lori and TJ are divorcing, the poor kids have to drag the babies all over the Earth to hit every family party. Kenner's birthday being this week was the first experience we've had with this so far. Among TJ and Lori alone, the babies have two separate parents, there are four sets of parents for Lori and TJ, and the family just exponentially multiplies from there. The poor babies are being dragged from house to house and parent to parent, and have no idea what the hell is going on. Bailee doesn't understand why daddy hates them and won't live there anymore. (*crackle* - the sound of my heart breaking, and *gush* the sound of my tears) And that doesn't even include the babysitters. One side of the family during the day, then another set at night.

I'm seeing her tomorrow (today, I guess....anyway Saturday, whenever that is) for yet another birthday party for Kenners. I'm going to see if Lori will allow me to come stay at her house just until she finishes up these last couple of classes. If she doesn't admit she needs help and allow someone to help her, she is going to crumble. She's only 21 for crying out loud.

Of course I'll have to run it by the family committees. Write a proposal, in quadruplicate, and submit it to the proper authorities. But she's my baby. It's the worst thing ever to see your own child hurting.

Novalia, I understand completly about your wife and I'm very sorry. If she isn't talking to someone, she needs to and she may need to see a doctor. Was this her first pregnancy or has she been having other problems concieving? It's really hard having a misscarriage and many women have trouble dealing with it. (shoot I had trouble for awhile dealing with it and I still get down on my former due date and it's almost been 5 years.)

On another note....my car was found. Picked up by the impound lot and then picked up by my insurance company (so far, I will have to say I'm impressed by Progressive) My lap top and brief case are gone. They tossed about of paperwork around, so I do have some notes from unfinished assessments and treatment plans. The divorce folder is gone but that was more buried in the briefcase. They stole the third back seat, all the windshield wipers, the pullout cup holder, they tried to steal the radio. The car sideswiped something, was dented in about 4 places on the other side and they hit something in front so the front bumper is dented. They tried to steal the battery and may have done something to the oil holder (whatever that is called) because the car was out of oil. 2 of the 5 Harry Potter tapes in the car were gone.

I really wonder, the car was stolen in Highland Park. It was found in the Detroit on the SW side. The car did not look horrible. It didn't look perfect but the window wasn't broken out (they got in with a screwdriver on the passanger side lock) it wasn't burned, banged up horrible. My agent was only able to tell me it was picked up, it wasn't due to an arrest that they got it. How could the impound lot find it so fast, unless it was illegally parked that someone complain, who would find a plain looking mini van parked in a big city odd? My comment to the agent after finding the impound charge is $400, that someone should look into a conspircy with the impound lots being tipped off by the guys who steal the cars.

But, it's back and being repaired. The lap top is gone. It's been an education.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by nlmcp
    On another note....my car was found. Picked up by the impound lot and then picked up by my insurance company (so far, I will have to say I'm impressed by Progressive) My lap top and brief case are gone. They tossed about of paperwork around, so I do have some notes from unfinished assessments and treatment plans. The divorce folder is gone but that was more buried in the briefcase.
    Right on! I knew they'd find it! It sucks that you lost you personal property, but it sounds like a bunch of punks did this and won't be using your personal info. *crossed fingers*

They stole the third back seat, all the windshield wipers, the pullout cup holder, they tried to steal the radio. The car sideswiped something, was dented in about 4 places on the other side and they hit something in front so the front bumper is dented. They tried to steal the battery and may have done something to the oil holder (whatever that is called) because the car was out of oil. 2 of the 5 Harry Potter tapes in the car were gone.
    They stole the back seat? That just seems odd.

I really wonder, the car was stolen in Highland Park. It was found in the Detroit on the SW side. The car did not look horrible. It didn't look perfect but the window wasn't broken out (they got in with a screwdriver on the passanger side lock) it wasn't burned, banged up horrible. My agent was only able to tell me it was picked up, it wasn't due to an arrest that they got it. How could the impound lot find it so fast, unless it was illegally parked that someone complain, who would find a plain looking mini van parked in a big city odd?

They found my stolen car after a huge snow storm had buried it, then melted. The police had it towed to impound - then let me know they had it.

My comment to the agent after finding the impound charge is $400, that someone should look into a conspircy with the impound lots being tipped off by the guys who steal the cars.
    I think it cost me about that, too. Plus I didn't have a spare key (foolish, I know) - so I had to call a locksmith to let me into my car. Another $50. I definitely smell a conspiracy.

But, it's back and being repaired. The lap top is gone. It's been an education.

All things considered, you fared pretty well, IMO. I can't even imagine what a car-jacking would be like. Yowsa.

CCL
    Glad you got the car back! Too bad about the computer and other stuff being gone.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

NLMCP - so happy you got your car back! How long will the repairs take? I wish you the best as this begins to come to an end.

+ Reply to Thread