+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1619Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Re: Talk about your troubles

I'm mad at my co-workers. I went to Orlando recently for a vacation/Council of the Blind convention and was out Thursday and Friday of last week, plus Monday of this week. While I was gone, my co-workers decided to clean out our work refrigerator because someone complained of something in it smelling bad. My co-workers threw out all three of the water bottles I keep in there and refill from the tap to drink during the day. Excuse me, but I'm pretty sure bottled tap water is not going to be creating a smell and they don't take up very much space. If space/ownership was the issue, they could have set my bottles out of the refrigerator so that when I got back to the office, I could reclaim them and put them back in the refrigerator.

I didn't realize my bottles were gone until I finished my morning walk today and went to the refrigerator to get one of my bottles out.

I would never throw out something belonging to my co-workers unless I made every effort to find out who it belonged to and no one claimed it or if it was so rank, there was no way anyone would want to keep it. I'm so angry that no one waited until I got back to the office to ask me about the water bottles and had such disregard for my possessions. They all see me filling those water bottles everyday so somebody had to know they belonged to me.

Thanks for letting me vent. I just had to get that frustration out of my system!

I still can't believe I was only out of the office for three days and they had to go and do this. *shakes head*
    Last edited by pikachu; 05-21-2013 at 10:47 AM.
    Current Pools: Masterchef 5, So You Think You Can Dance 11
    Upcoming Pools: Face Off 7 Registration Deadline: July 29th, Project Runway 13 Registration Deadline: July 31st

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Sounds like you probably should have at least put your name on them, lest they try to use that as an excuse. I am not on their side....sometimes, any little excuse will do for some people if they are looking for a "reason".
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

I put a blue sticker on my bottles. I've tried putting my name on them but because of reusing and washing the bottles, the labels tend to fall off the bottles and writing in marker fades away.

I'm considering taking a small cooler to plug in under my desk and keep my water there or just relabeling my water bottles each time I wash them (which is about once a week).

All these years I've worked here I've never had this problem but we have some new people working here now and a few of them are neat freaks.
    Current Pools: Masterchef 5, So You Think You Can Dance 11
    Upcoming Pools: Face Off 7 Registration Deadline: July 29th, Project Runway 13 Registration Deadline: July 31st

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Your idea just might be the best one. It would be nice if you could get one that locks with a key that only YOU have (if there is such a thing).
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    I put a blue sticker on my bottles. I've tried putting my name on them but because of reusing and washing the bottles, the labels tend to fall off the bottles and writing in marker fades away.

I'm considering taking a small cooler to plug in under my desk and keep my water there or just relabeling my water bottles each time I wash them (which is about once a week).

All these years I've worked here I've never had this problem but we have some new people working here now and a few of them are neat freaks.
    Maybe get new bottles, put a lable on them & write on the label in big caps: DO NOT THROW THIS WATER BOTTLE OUT! and sign your name. That way you aren't confronting them directly. No one needs to deny it was them. But they all get the message loud & clear.
    You may even get an appology or 2, but I doubt it.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

I was just in the ER with my mom. We were there this Saturday too. I am so tired.
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

About the water bottles ... we used to have an office coordinator who was in charge of things like keeping the frig clean. She would put up a sign that told people when she would be cleaning and discarding things. She also suggested that people date and initial anything they were storing there such as refrigerated coffee creamer. It forced people to at least look there. Perhaps you coud suggest to your office manager that notice of these things be posted? Or you could volunteer to be on a rotation schedule for cleaning the frig ... and that could be posted.

I am not on their side either, but I had a thought. Perhaps if you were re-filling commercial plastic bottles ... those bottle may have had an original expiration or best by date and the "cleaning committee" thought it was not good.

Instead of a cooler under your desk ... you could just take your water out of the frig when you will be out of the office.
    Last edited by echo226; 05-21-2013 at 06:56 PM. Reason: spelling and ommissions
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Spockwhat ... I had not heard of this horrible crime until I came here today.

I am so sorry for you, your aquaintance and his family and friends and express my sincere condolences

It makes me physically ill and I find it so frightening for all of us to know that things like this could happen ... that people could do something like this.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by beerbelly View Post
    I was just in the ER with my mom. We were there this Saturday too. I am so tired.
    I'm sorry to hear this, beerbelly. Is she doing any better?

Kip
    FORT Fogey Shoot The Gems Hard Champion, Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Quote Originally Posted by beerbelly View Post
    I hope your mom's okay. Take care of yourself too.

+ Reply to Thread