+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1622Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Re: Talk about your troubles

Spockwhat, I'm so sorry this turned out like it has. So unnecessary - a life for a truck. A crime like this takes something out of the heart of a whole community - people start looking at each other differently.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Very sad about the [mod edit] gentleman. This was about more than just the truck, unfortunately. Unfortunately, in this day and age, people need to look at each other differently, more times than not. My prayers go out to his family and friends; they have some rough days ahead.
    Last edited by Critical; 05-15-2013 at 10:25 PM. Reason: edited to protect privacy
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Spockwhat, I am so very sorry about your friend's friend. I just can't wrap my head around how anyone could do such a horrible thing.

Spockwhat, my heart and prayers go out to you about your friend, as well as prayers for his family. I am so sorry.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Katesmom, my prayers and thoughts are with your sister-in-law and your family as you struggle with all of this. Best.

I've come here the last couple days to try to say something, but couldn't find the words.

It's painful and senseless. I guess I once again would like to ask for your good thoughts and prayers that this investigation will find all the answers, and that those who did this will be brought to justice.
    I have been bolstered, we all have, by the response of our community to this tragedy. The family and friends have received so much support from the church community, our city, and across the country and the world. There is so much love here, in some ways the brightness of the love casts this dark and terrible act into shadow. Good abides, it overwhelms the evil. It helps to once in a while look on this, even when those around you are deep in grief and sorrow. That is my focus as our community moves forward. To continue to work hard for justice for the family and to be a support to those who need it.

Thanks for all of your kind words, as I said before, he was an acquaintance, and I had to remind myself through too many tears, that it is not about me or my feelings but a great guy and his family who continue to need our support.
    Thanks again.
    Baby's Breath likes this.

spockwhat, such sad news for everyone. I'll keep you all in my thoughts and prayers.

Katesmom, continued thoughts and prayers for your family.

Spockwhat, I've read up on what happened. I'm speechless. I said prayers for the family and friends and hope that you may find some comfort somehow.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat View Post
    .. Good abides, it overwhelms the evil. It helps to once in a while look on this, even when those around you are deep in grief and sorrow. ...
    Beautifully said.
    just1paul likes this.

Spockwhat, I experienced this same scenario, only many years ago. A wonderful man in his 30's who used to race motorcycles with my husband met some guys to sell them his car. This was in the pre-internet days of the 1980's. Some men drove north from San Francisco, met the guy and killed him and stole his car. He was a nice man and I never understood how this could happen! Such a sad situation that evidently keeps repeating itself? I guess if I was ever to show someone my car to sell, I would bring someone else along with me? There are some terrible people out there and it is so tough to suffer loss at the hands of those types of scoundrels. I am keeping you and the family of this man in my thoughts.

Spockwhat, I'm also very sorry that you have to experience this (or that anyone does). The gentlemen's family and friends (and quite frankly that whole community) continue to be in my prayers. It is completely sick and pointless, but I have been impressed from what I have read on how much the community seems to have come together behind this family. Reminds me that there is still reason to hope and have faith in humanity.

+ Reply to Thread