+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree963Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Re: Talk about your troubles

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    I've seen it now as well. I sure hope they find him alive. How horrible.
    Yeah, I saw something on facebook last week, I think the day after you originally posted about it, and I kind of figured it was what you were talking about (facts were basically the same). Anyway, I hope now that one of these guys has been caught that they will get some information out of him! Continuing to say prayers!

So, update on my SIL - it is now officially cancer - tracheal cancer. They found a tumor attached to her trachea. She starts radiation and chemo this week. I honestly don't know what to believe. My in-laws say that it is stage 1 and the doctors are confident they can beat it. Then I talk to my SIL (different SIL - her sister), who says that the mortality rate for this kind of cancer 5 years out is horrible. So I don't know. Continuing prayers and good thoughts, please.

Micheal Douglas had throat cancer, and it was stage 4. I am so glad her doctors are confident they can beat it, that goes a long way .Continued good thoughts KatesMom

FM
    KatesMom likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Kip
    FORT Fogey Shoot The Gems Hard Champion

KatesMom ... prayers for your SIL. Mortality rates would include all stages, so the fact that your SIL's cancer was caught at stage 1, greatly increases her chances of a good outcome.
    KatesMom likes this.

Prayers for your SIL KatesMom
    KatesMom likes this.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

I'm sorry that your sister-in-law got a definitive diagnosis of tracheal cancer, KM. Hopefully, as it is stage 1, she has very good odds for beating it. Prayers for your family and sister-in-law.
    KatesMom likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat View Post
    Overall, it's great news... been on edge all day... waiting. Lots of people are keeping active, spreading fliers like crazy. I am really pleased with our community on a whole and the support they've shown the family. It is the only best thing about this. The rude people online don't know the family, their words don't matter. It's the support of the community and those across our country and the world that means so much... I know his family and friends are focused on that right now... and getting him back.
    I am so sorry about all this. I heard it this morning and cried.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

This is tough news, but it sounds like it was caught early. It must difficult to try to give support to those around you when you are so concerned. Are they doing surgery too or just the chemo and radiation?

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    This is tough news, but it sounds like it was caught early. It must difficult to try to give support to those around you when you are so concerned. Are they doing surgery too or just the chemo and radiation?
    Right now I have only heard radiation (to shrink the tumor) and chemo. The tumor is apparently attached to her trachea, so they don't want to do the surgery if they don't have to??
    Debb70 likes this.

Prayers for you and your SIL, KatesMom.
    KatesMom likes this.
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

Spockwhat - I just read the sad news about your friend. My prayers are with all of his family and friends.

Katesmom - Stage 1 is what you hope for if you have to deal with a cancer diagnosis. It's amazing how far cancer treatment has come. I'd say there's every reason for hope in the situation. Stay strong. I'll keep your SIL and the rest of your family in my thoughts.
    KatesMom likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

+ Reply to Thread