+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1684Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

  1. #11121
    Kip
    Kip is online now
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    1,664

    Re: Talk about your troubles

    The thugs must have the truck stashed somewhere (in a garage, in a warehouse, in the wilderness) as someone would have spotted the truck by now if they were on the road with it. My hope is the thugs have the owner with the truck and are trying to figure out how best to get out of the situation.

    If they had killed him right away, I would have thought they would have tried to use his ATM and/or credit cards before people realized he was missing.

    Another possibility is that all three ran off the road somewhere and were killed or injured. I can think of a dozen cases off the top of my head where missing people were later found in their vehicles off the road. Even when searchers knew the route the missing person was taking, they sometimes weren't found for weeks.

    The situation's not looking good, but I don't think it's hopeless.

  2. #11122
    chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    2,106

    Re: Talk about your troubles

    Who trolls online news articles about the search for a missing man?!? It is so sad, it's killing me that heartless people think it's ok to attack this great guy while his family is suffering so terribly. I know there are really terrible people out there, but I wish they would take their trolling to youtube or something and leave this nice family alone. Argh, I'm so angry actually. More information has come out, so it lightens things a little, and keeps the case fresh, which is good. It just breaks my heart that people think it's ok to start to attack the missing man like he did something wrong... it just so unfair, and these kind of rumours stick too. It really affects you because it's personal. Too many people in tears.

  3. #11123
    Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Right Here, Right Now
    Posts
    25,364

    Re: Talk about your troubles

    This is not necessarily about the truck. I don't think it's bad for information about a disappearance to get out there, but if people can't be part of the solution, they should stop themselves from being part of the problem.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

    When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

  4. #11124
    chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    2,106

    Re: Talk about your troubles

    The fact that the two suspects took a test drive a day earlier in the exact same kind of truck an hour away indicates that is about the truck. It's hard to believe that the victim would be messed up in anything else as well... like extremely extremely unlikely from what I know of him. In any case, I'm starting to wonder if this should be in "current events". Although it is personal trouble, it is a case that people are following.

    Oh, and good news of a sort. They had a news conference at one, one of the men have been arrested. Hopefully they can get some real information out of him. He's probably lawyered up and plea bargaining though...
    Last edited by spockwhat; 05-11-2013 at 03:52 PM.

  5. #11125
    Live-Love-Laugh Fanny Mare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    23,734

    Re: Talk about your troubles

    Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat View Post
    The fact that the two suspects took a test drive a day earlier in the exact same kind of truck an hour away indicates that is about the truck. It's hard to believe that the victim would be messed up in anything else as well... like extremely extremely unlikely from what I know of him. In any case, I'm starting to wonder if this should be in "current events". Although it is personal trouble, it is a case that people are following.

    Oh, and good news of a sort. They had a news conference at one, one of the men have been arrested. Hopefully they can get some real information out of him. He's probably lawyered up and plea bargaining though...
    Well at least they have someone!! that's a good start
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

  6. #11126
    chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    2,106

    Re: Talk about your troubles

    Overall, it's great news... been on edge all day... waiting. Lots of people are keeping active, spreading fliers like crazy. I am really pleased with our community on a whole and the support they've shown the family. It is the only best thing about this. The rude people online don't know the family, their words don't matter. It's the support of the community and those across our country and the world that means so much... I know his family and friends are focused on that right now... and getting him back.

  7. #11127
    Live-Love-Laugh Fanny Mare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    23,734

    Re: Talk about your troubles

    Pooh to the people on line that don't even know him. They need to get a life!!
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

  8. #11128
    Bitten Critical's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Fangtasia - The Bar With Bite
    Age
    45
    Posts
    16,730

    Re: Talk about your troubles

    Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat View Post
    Who trolls online news articles about the search for a missing man?!? It is so sad, it's killing me that heartless people think it's ok to attack this great guy while his family is suffering so terribly. I know there are really terrible people out there, but I wish they would take their trolling to youtube or something and leave this nice family alone. Argh, I'm so angry actually. More information has come out, so it lightens things a little, and keeps the case fresh, which is good. It just breaks my heart that people think it's ok to start to attack the missing man like he did something wrong... it just so unfair, and these kind of rumours stick too. It really affects you because it's personal. Too many people in tears.
    I'm always horrified at the cruel things trolls say, especially in response to articles about disappearances or tragic accidents/deaths. It's the very worst in human behavior. It's bad enough that people say horrible things like that at all, but I think there's a special place in hell for people who do it in those kinds of articles.

    I'm so sorry about your friend, spockwhat. I'll be hoping for the best possible news.
    Last edited by Critical; 05-11-2013 at 11:12 PM. Reason: ack. spelling.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

    I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

  9. #11129
    Anarchist AJane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Charming
    Posts
    9,355

    Re: Talk about your troubles

    Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat View Post
    The fact that the two suspects took a test drive a day earlier in the exact same kind of truck an hour away indicates that is about the truck. It's hard to believe that the victim would be messed up in anything else as well... like extremely extremely unlikely from what I know of him. In any case, I'm starting to wonder if this should be in "current events". Although it is personal trouble, it is a case that people are following.

    Oh, and good news of a sort. They had a news conference at one, one of the men have been arrested. Hopefully they can get some real information out of him. He's probably lawyered up and plea bargaining though...
    It's national news now - saw it in the online papers today. Sorry, spockwhat. I hope your friend is okay.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

  10. #11130
    FORT Fogey mesachick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    On my horse.
    Posts
    3,078

    Re: Talk about your troubles

    Quote Originally Posted by AJane View Post
    It's national news now - saw it in the online papers today. Sorry, spockwhat. I hope your friend is okay.
    I've seen it now as well. I sure hope they find him alive. How horrible.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.