+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree962Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

I know, You know, Asteroids Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Re: Talk about your troubles

I am so worried, but I want to be clear... best way to describe it is he is a good friend of good friends and part of our church community. So, though I'm freaked out for him and his family, it's not about me, really. I just was begging for good thoughts and prayers for his safety.
    I'll forego my privacy to let people know why it's frightening: two nights ago he had two strangers over to look at a truck he is selling. He went on a test drive with them and just never returned.

Thanks to all for thinking of this guy and praying for his safe return. He is a young married man with a young daughter and a really good guy. His wife is going through hell right now I'm sure.

Spockwhat, sending prayers your way!

Kip
    FORT Fogey Shoot The Gems Hard Champion

Spockwhat - I'm sending more prayers for this young man. Chilling circumstances.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Chilling indeed, spockwhat....I agree, it sounds extremely ominous. I assume the police have a BOLO out on the truck? Crossing my fingers that this ends as well as Cootie's dad's gallbladder situation seems to have.

I know, You know, Asteroids Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Yes, and flags at the border and the social media is going nuts spreading posters and such. Still no word yet though.

Kip

Hopefully law enforcement will be able to get the phone # of the person who called about the truck from the missing man's phone company (though they could have called from a pay phone or something).

Quote Originally Posted by Kip View Post
    Hopefully law enforcement will be able to get the phone # of the person who called about the truck from the missing man's phone company (though they could have called from a pay phone or something).
    Yep. I'm sure the police are looking into this. Someone also mentioned that perhaps they could check all the IP addresses of the people who viewed the ad before that date (there have been hundreds since). However, I also suppose that a person could use fake IP's. Argh. It's so frustrating, each minute brings less hope. Thanks again everyone for all your thoughts and prayers.

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat View Post
    Yep. I'm sure the police are looking into this. Someone also mentioned that perhaps they could check all the IP addresses of the people who viewed the ad before that date (there have been hundreds since). However, I also suppose that a person could use fake IP's. Argh. It's so frustrating, each minute brings less hope. Thanks again everyone for all your thoughts and prayers.
    Cell phones or land lines they used to contact him -can they track anything on them. Don't give up hope, people show up 10 years after they go missing..
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Kip

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat View Post
    That's a terrific idea.

The circumstances are grim. One thing that gives me hope is that there is no benefit (and greater risks) to the thieves to kill the truck owner. As it is, police have a description of the abductors and the truck. If the men had stolen the truck and left the owner somewhere, the police wouldn't have much more to work with.

I've thought that too, Kip. I'm glad his wife saw the two men. At least that is not a reason to hurt him. The question is, if he was dropped off, why hasn't he been found by now? It's so weird. Keeping up hope...

+ Reply to Thread