+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2015Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Re: Talk about your troubles

I honestly don't know. She is in New Jersey - close to New York, so she has had appointments with a lot of different doctors at different places (to get as many opinions as possible). I know she is going to Sloan next week. And I know there are a lot of really good hospitals out there.

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    I honestly don't know. She is in New Jersey - close to New York, so she has had appointments with a lot of different doctors at different places (to get as many opinions as possible). I know she is going to Sloan next week. And I know there are a lot of really good hospitals out there.
    One never knows. I wish her well

I know when you said virus - like shay I thought of shingles, having had them myself. Viruses are very sneaky!
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    Thanks everyone. They are still running a bunch of tests, but a weird one came out this week, so I wanted to see if anyone else has heard this! The biopsy did come back positive, but now there is one doctor saying that since she had mono like 30 years ago, there is a chance that this could be dormant mono? And that apparently sometimes that can result in a positive biopsy?? Seriously, this seems absolutely bizarre to me so I don't know what to think. Obviously I would love if it is not cancer, but I just have a hard time believing that mono from 30 years ago could somehow result in this. Has anyone ever heard of such a thing?
    I've never heard of this but I hope it's not cancer. Mono, however, is a very serious illness. It can later lead to Epstein-Barr syndrome, which is no laughing matter. The fatigue that accompanies Epstein-Barr is life-altering. My mother-in-law, who is a fit and trim 83 years young, has been suffering with this for the last 5 years or so. She literally cannot keep her eyes open. It's almost like narcolepsy. She sleeps all of the time. It's heartbreaking. So, I will continue to think good thoughts for your sister-in-law, but hope that if it is mono, it remains dormant and does not turn into Epstein-Barr. Keep us posted.

I just got a call that my 90 year old father is in the hospital with severe stomach pains and spent most of last night sick to his stomach. I am over 800 miles away so can't do much at the moment but hope that he will be feeling better soon?

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I hope he will get checked out. Even the electrolyte imbalance from a lot of vomiting can be dangerous at that age.

The latest update is that he is responding to some meds and is feeling less pain, enough that he is entertaining the medical staff. I am hoping he will continue to improve through the night.
    Debb70 likes this.

I'll be thinking of you both and sending positive thoughts. Keep us updated.
    Cootie and Debb70 like this.
    Count your blessings!

Good thoughts for your Father Cootie
    Its horrible to be so far away

FM
    Cootie likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

You're in my prayers, Cootie. Quick healing for your father and peace for you. It's difficult to be so far away.
    Cootie likes this.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Thinking good thoughts for your dad, Cootie. It certainly is a good sign that he is feeling well enough to keep the hospital staff entertained. It's so hard to be far away when our loved ones are ill. Keep us posted.
    Cootie likes this.

+ Reply to Thread