+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1960Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

FORT Fogey

Re: Talk about your troubles

I did a search on Splenda, and I got some information that a poster had posted on a CBS web site... "Splenda shut down many of the websites that questioned its safety. Splenda is the trade name for sucralose, a synthetic compound stumbled upon in 1976 by scientists in Britain seeking a new pesticide formulation." Of course there's more information out there about Splenda.

For those searching for a fizzy drink without Aspartame, I read that Rite Aid cola does not have it. I think they have other flavor drinks too. I haven't tried them, but think they are pretty cheap. They may contain saccharine though. That's a whole other can of worms. lol Still, I think the Aspartame has a wors reputation, from what I've read.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I even learned to like iced club soda. The aeration makes me feel like I'm drinking a soft drink. I don't drink it that often, but it is a viable alternative for me.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

This discussion should probably be taken to the food thread.

On topic: a colleague and former husband of a friend was killed in an ATV accident yesterday. His current girlfriend was thrown clear, but he hit head-on. He has a lot of family and school affiliations and ran the summer day camp at the park for years. RIP
    Count your blessings!

Oh my. That's terrible. Did he hit another vehicle? That's very sad news. I can't imagine losing someone that way.

FORT Fogey

After I stopped drinking diet soda, it took me about two months to lose my craving for caffeine. Mostly I drink bottled water. Sometimes I drink fruit juice or tea. I no longer crave any type of diet soda or fizzy drink.

Like Gut mentioned, the diet soda discussion should probably move to the Food forum It really doesn't belong in this thread.

Gut - What an awful, shocking thing to have happen. Did he and your friend have children?
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

No, but he and the wife before that (another teacher at our school ) have two daughters.
    Count your blessings!

That is so sad. So many people get hurt and killed on ATV's.

So sorry about that Gutt. What a horrible shock.
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

+ Reply to Thread