+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2015Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Re: Talk about your troubles

Thank you all for your support, advice, encouragement and providing me a safe place to vent. I was able to think out my thoughts and prepare what to say without making the situation worse.
    I plan on taking your wise advice to approach my hurting feelings using "I" statements. I also plan on looking into motel arrangements because graduation is just a few months away. I don't want to miss that too. I did talk to my niece, and we plan on watching the tape together in the future. Unfortunately, she is well aware of their spats.
    Families are so crazy. I guess that is why we are born into them unaware because otherwise in some cases we wouldn't stay. Disappearing without a forwarding address sounds like a great idea. I guess living in another state does have its advantages.
    Again, thank you all
    Last edited by inthegarden; 03-17-2013 at 03:41 PM.
    AZChristian and Fanny Mare like this.

Famiies are all crazy inthegarden. I am so glad you had a place to vent.My sisters stopped speaking to me over something so small, I realized I was better off with them out of my life.

inthegarden likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Glad we could help, inthegarden! And if you decide to make a break for it don't forget to give your niece a forwarding address--and swear her to secrecy!
    inthegarden likes this.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

I didn't want to bring this up again, but here goes.

For the last two weeks, almost every night, I've been feeling really bad and really wanted to die. I'm losing people again. They're giving up on me. but I don't blame them. I wouldn't want to tolerate me either.

Maybe it's time for professional help/medical support? I hate to hear of you suffering like this.
    AZChristian likes this.
    Count your blessings!

Yes get some help! No bad feeling is worth carrying alone. Especially when there are people out there whose job it is to help unburden us from those feelings that really hit all of us at one time or another. The regular person on the street isnt equipped to do more than say"there there, I hope you feel better'. A professional can make a difference and offer real solid advice and tools to work with!

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

JohnnyK, I find you to be a breath of fresh air here at FoRT.

I echo those who think you should see someone. If it happens the same time of day, it may be a medical issue. If it's not that, there are people you can talk to. Take care of yourself!

AZC
    CupidGuest likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post

For the last two weeks, almost every night, I've been feeling really bad and really wanted to die. I'm losing people again. They're giving up on me. but I don't blame them. I wouldn't want to tolerate me either.
    Who is giving up on you. I have felt like you have. Is there a walk in clinic near you? please( please) go to one.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I agree JohnnyK, it might be a good idea to talk to someone and get yourself checked over.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post

I can't even pretend to understand what it feels like to suffer from true depression, but I've know friends that have. I know that it's tough, real tough.

When I first got my divorce I also felt that no one cared & death would be an improvement. Then I decided that the only one I need to tolerate or care about me was ME. I decided to learn to like myself & my own company & treasure the peace & control of solitude. I'm in control of my own time & my own life. I answer only to ME.
    At this point I started to notice & appreciate the time I did spend with friends, family & acquaintences. That time became a gift & a bonus, NOT a requirement.

I totally agree with AZChristian: "I find you to be a breath of fresh air here at FoRT" Yep, people do care, even if it's people on the other end of a computer.
    I also agree that finding a counsellor that you are comfortable talking to could be a great help. They don't fix your problems, but they help you come to terms with them & deal with them. Plus after a while you come to look forward to the time you spend with them because you come out feeling better than you did going in.
    Ellen, CupidGuest, Cootie and 4 others like this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

+ Reply to Thread