+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1684Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Gut, sorry to hear about your test results, I hope everything works out for you.

Mudah, sorry also, be thinking of you all. I'm marveling at your DIL smoking 3 packs a day, the cost alone would make me want to stop.

I'm just still dealing with this car bother, rented a car (has anyone heard of a Chevy Classic? I rented one and I've never heard of or seen this car before) My HR dept seems to think my car insurance will pay for the lap top. They won't and frankly since it was stolen during work hours, while I was a work site, I think work should cover it on their insurance. So this may be a fight. Plus just thinking through what was in my briefcase and trying to recreate in my mind things that where in there that where half done, so I can figure out what I need to do and do it. Called to report my ssn being stolan to the credit bureas so a 90 watch is put on my credit reports.

What a mess. But frankly, it's nothing like cancer or sickness. It's just a car and paperwork.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

Quote Originally Posted by nlmcp
    I'm just still dealing with this car bother, rented a car (has anyone heard of a Chevy Classic? I rented one and I've never heard of or seen this car before) My HR dept seems to think my car insurance will pay for the lap top. They won't and frankly since it was stolen during work hours, while I was a work site, I think work should cover it on their insurance. So this may be a fight. Plus just thinking through what was in my briefcase and trying to recreate in my mind things that where in there that where half done, so I can figure out what I need to do and do it. Called to report my ssn being stolan to the credit bureas so a 90 watch is put on my credit reports.

What a mess. But frankly, it's nothing like cancer or sickness. It's just a car and paperwork.
    It is just a car and paperwork. As for the laptop, did your employer put in writing that you needed the laptop for your work? If not you will be stuck I guarantee. If you were using the laptop to make your job easier for you, I know that one all too well, I USED to do the same thing until one day I was running out of space and I asked my employer to pay HALF of an added drive, the reply? we never told you to use your personal computer for work, actually we frown upon it, if you need a laptop for your work, you should have asked for one. (even though it would probably take months and in the meantime the excuse of I don't have a company laptop so it's not done, does not fly) Having stuff stolen is really nasty esp now. Best of luck.
    Last edited by just1paul; 06-22-2005 at 07:09 AM.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

It's my work's laptop. They supplied it. They want all assessments and records typed so have given all the field social workers a laptop. Of course there is no room in the nursing homes for setting up and using them so I take notes in the nursing homes and type things up at home.

So who knows what will happen.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

I just found out that I didn't get two jobs that I had interviewed for. I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

That's too bad Dberk. You might not be doing anything wrong. However, have you considered asking the interviewer why you were not hired for the job? They can be very helpful. Good luck in your job hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by DesertRose
    That's too bad Dberk. You might not be doing anything wrong. However, have you considered asking the interviewer why you were not hired for the job? They can be very helpful. Good luck in your job hunt.
    My other suggestion would be to have a friend who will be honest do a mock interview with you and give you an honest assessment. Also, somewhere there is a thread about job interviews that has a lot of good suggestions. Good luck dberk. Sometimes it just takes patience.

CCL
    Quote Originally Posted by nlmcp
    It's my work's laptop. They supplied it. They want all assessments and records typed so have given all the field social workers a laptop. Of course there is no room in the nursing homes for setting up and using them so I take notes in the nursing homes and type things up at home.

So who knows what will happen.
    I'm sure your work wants you to claim it on your car insurance so that it won't affect their insurance rates. Which brings me to the pet peeve of insurance & insurance companies...basically, they suck a lot of the time.

Hope it works out nlmcp.

Sorry to hear about the job thing, dberk. I'm sure it is not you - there are a number of other factors at play. Maybe they decided not to hire anyone or maybe they decided to promote internally or give the job to someone they knew. I hope it all works out.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

CCL, I'll bet that you're right about that. I have a real dislike for insurance companies. They never want to pay what they're supposed to. They surely don't mind sticking it to you though.
    It really sounds like this is a work related problem though. I don't even see why Nancy needs to be involved, other than to give a statement. From there on, it should be between the workplace and the insurance company.

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dberk
    I just found out that I didn't get two jobs that I had interviewed for. I don't know what I'm doing wrong.
    bummer dberk. Did you go through an agency? Maybe you could ask them why they passed. Sometimes it's not what you think (change in plans, hired from within, etc.)

Good luck in the job search!

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by dberk
    Quote Originally Posted by Mariner
    My other suggestion would be to have a friend who will be honest do a mock interview with you and give you an honest assessment. Also, somewhere there is a thread about job interviews that has a lot of good suggestions. Good luck dberk. Sometimes it just takes patience.

Aw, dberk, I'm so sorry to hear that!!! I hope you'll heed Mariner's good advice and, no matter what, don't let it discourage you.

I have to say that every time I didn't get a job that I really wanted, I ended up in an even better situation, one that I couldn't have ever imagined for myself.

I'm very optimistic that you'll end up with something that's just perfect.

+ Reply to Thread