+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1680Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Re: Talk about your troubles

Quote Originally Posted by famita View Post
    Say a little prayer for me tomorrow. i'm hopefully having a little procedure tomorrow that will free up my femoral arteries. After a while of not being able to walk due to pain, hopefully one of my legs will be rotor-rooted and then 6 weeks later the other one will be. If not , then I'll be getting by-passes. I'm looking forward to being able to go on walks and exercising again. I'm also quitting smoking tonight. I've been weaning myself for the past year, and tonight 's the night for my quitting.
    We are thinking of you Famita. One of my bridesmaids had a stent put in her leg vein last year and wants to get her carotids done. Glad you are going smoke free. You will do it!
    You can do it!

My Dad had a stent put in his leg last year and wished he had done it years ago!
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Thanks for the well wishes! The procedure didn't work. Will have to have bypass done on thighs. A super bummer, let me tell you!

Sorry famita. Not what you wanted to hear.
    Count your blessings!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

What a drag...but you've got to do what you've got to do. Did you ask if there were any alternatives?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

No other alternatives. I'll find out Fri when it happens. Thanks for the good thoughts!!

famita, I'm sorry your procedure didn't work. Let us know how you are doing.
    cablejockey likes this.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

I'm not doing well again. In fact, I'm doing a bit badly. I don't want to ramble on too much here. But if anybody wants to talk to me, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    I'm not doing well again. In fact, I'm doing a bit badly. I don't want to ramble on too much here. But if anybody wants to talk to me, thanks.
    I dont know you well, but, whatever is going on in your life I hope you get the better of it! I know that many here will be on your side too.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    Johnny I know you have been through a loss with your grandfather dying. Our relatives truly are the greatest loves in our lives. He is always with you and IN you in your kind heart. That is absolutely true.

On the John Tesh show they said studies showed talking with friends an a psychologist showed that there was zero success. That is because you are reliving the injury. I think that you must put your mind on a diet of good stuff and starve if of the bad stuff. No no no to "what ifs." Just avoid people or situations you know to be hurtful. Dwell in good places.
    Last edited by Lizard; 11-16-2012 at 09:45 AM.
    just1paul likes this.
    You can do it!

+ Reply to Thread