+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree962Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: Talk about your troubles

Gut--maybe your son can Skype with his dad if someone can set it up for Dad? Not as good as being there, but definitely could be better than nothing.

JohnnyK--at least you called your friend and didn't leave her hanging. If you didn't explain what was going on at the time if you are feeling better maybe it would be good to do so now...and set up another visit. From what you say this might happen again in the future, and then she'd be prepared. We all tend to blame ourselves if someone cancels on us, and to think our friend doesn't want to see us, and feel bad about it, so you'd be doing her a favor to let her know what's really going on--assuming you are close enough to her to feel comfortable doing that. And then there will be one more knowledgeable person there for you in the future.
    Last edited by PWS; 10-09-2012 at 01:03 AM.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Thanks for the posts, everyone. I have her on messenger and we've talked since then. Everything's good. I talk to her and tell her when I feel bad and about what.

There was someone else that day that was there and asked me if I was okay and wanted to know what was going on. I couldn't respond much because of how I was feeling, but the next time I see her I want to say thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen View Post
    I'm looking at a very strong possibility that my husband has prostate cancer. Though it's usually a "no big deal" slow-moving cancer in most, the love of my life is a 26-year renal transplant (anonymous unrelated cadaver) recipient. All those years of immunosuppresants are taking their toll (two incidents of skin cancer, plus other stuff). His PSA level has been significantly elevated since February. We've taken the wait-and-see approach, but the last tests indicate that it's time to stop waiting and to start seeing, especially since typically slow-moving cancers such as prostate can become outrageously aggressive in immunosuppressed people. Sometime within the next 6 weeks he'll have a biopsy.

Really, I don't know what scares me more: the cancer itself, or that our "health"care (what an effin' joke) is Kaiser. (Californians will know what I mean.)
    Ellen my thoughts are with your husband and you
    Ellen likes this.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    I just googled it and am not sure this situation meets the guidelines. Even if it did, I don't know if he is willing to risk his new job. Just because he can legally take a leave doesn't mean it wouldn't put him on the short list for cuts down the road. I talked with his older sister last night and she doesn't seem to think things are as dire as my son thinks. She thought maybe he was just venting to me since he is struggling with other issues (trying to find an apartment) as well. I guess I just do what I usually do as a mom in situations out of my control... let them know I love them, am always here for them, have a safe place to return to if needed, and ask for those who can spare a prayer to think of them.
    Gutmutter - dear lady - you know I will
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    I came here today to post my troubles and reason why I haven't been posting this past month or so.

What happened was I read the last few pages of posts and I learned some lessons. I came once again to appreciate how fortunate I am and have been.

My "trouble" is I fell in my kitchen and fractured the neck of my right femur (aka my hip) and am now recovering & rehabbing. I am not making comparisons ... but comparatively speaking, I am so very blessed. It's just a hip, it was repaired and it's just a blip on the GPS of life.

I will use this time to pray for those here who have real troubles and continue to be grateful. Bless you all and know that you are in my thoughts and prayers.
    Echo you have my thoughts and prayers also
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Quote Originally Posted by just1paul View Post
    Ellen my thoughts are with your husband and you
    Thank you, Paul.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

There was someone else that day that was there and asked me if I was okay and wanted to know what was going on. I couldn't respond much because of how I was feeling, but the next time I see her I want to say thank you.
    Well, I didn't see her at all this week. I was hoping I could get it over with, but I have to wait longer now.

I asked hubby to put my son's bed on Craig's list to give away. As much as I hate it, it feels like it is time. Gonna keep all the bedding and pillows but it is time to get rid of the bed. Peaceful yet heart wrenching at the same time.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by buglover View Post
    I asked hubby to put my son's bed on Craig's list to give away. As much as I hate it, it feels like it is time. Gonna keep all the bedding and pillows but it is time to get rid of the bed. Peaceful yet heart wrenching at the same time.
    You're doing all the right things at the times that feeel comfy for you. The best way to do it. Whatever your mind/heart tell you can't be wrong.
    inthegarden likes this.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I agree. You've got to listen to your inner voice. Oprah taught me that that is the voice of God. Made sense to me. I've only gone wrong when I haven't listened, but gone in a different direction.
    angelic_one2002 and just1paul like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread