+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1684Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Re: Talk about your troubles

Thank you so much! I have to keep telling myself "one step at a time" find out first for sure what he has, and take it from there. But it's hard not to think ahead and try to make contingency plans...
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

I'll be thinking good thoughts for your husband, Ellen. My father-in-law had prostate cancer and elected to implant the radioactive seeds. He has been cancer-free for well over ten years now. Early detection is the key. But as you said, one step at a time.

Ellen, I hope that his treatment goes as well as my family members and friends who are all doing very well! And there are many, some who were not that healthy to begin with. Thinking of you and your hubby.

Bug, you are always in my heart - my condolences to you. You are a champion mother. Victor was so loved and he knew it. You did everything possible to help him have a beautiful life.

Ellen, if you can get him into USC they have made amazing strides with prostate cancer. We chose not to do any of their clinical liver cancer trials because they were incredibly invasive but we did meet many men there who had great results with the prostate trials. Let me know if you need anything, phone numbers, etc. I'm sure I can get some of our oncologists to locate the best of the best even. I believe USC did take Kaiser because it is a medical school/research facility.

Just talked to hubby and he said if at all possible try to get him in to see someone at City of Hope. They have the very best prostate cancer center. When Victor was diagnosed with liver cancer hubby went buck wild online researching top facilities in California as well as other states. Hopefully some of his research can help others. Keep us posted.
    Last edited by buglover; 09-22-2012 at 01:59 AM.
    Yup, with donuts!!

I'm so sorry, Ellen. I know it's impossible, but please try not to worry too much. My father had prostate cancer many years ago and he's perfectly healthy now. He had a little recurrence a few years after the original diagnosis and treatment and that turned out fine too. Hang in there and take care of yourself
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Thank so much to everyone for your encouragement and kind words.
    And Buglover thank you for the info. It's in my "info arsenal" for when we know for sure what's going on in the "netherlands."
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

I came here today to post my troubles and reason why I haven't been posting this past month or so.

What happened was I read the last few pages of posts and I learned some lessons. I came once again to appreciate how fortunate I am and have been.

My "trouble" is I fell in my kitchen and fractured the neck of my right femur (aka my hip) and am now recovering & rehabbing. I am not making comparisons ... but comparatively speaking, I am so very blessed. It's just a hip, it was repaired and it's just a blip on the GPS of life.

I will use this time to pray for those here who have real troubles and continue to be grateful. Bless you all and know that you are in my thoughts and prayers.
    AmyKay likes this.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

I'm sorry to hear about your recent fall and hip fracture, echo226. Wishing you a speedy recovery!

FORT Fogey

oh wow... I have not visited this thread in a long while. My thoughts of peace are with Bug, Gut, Ellen, echo, and all who have a tough time going on. I did a search in June of buglover's posts.... as I knew Victor had been in treatment and wondered how he was doing. I am so sorry for your loss, buglover.... your letter to Victor was beautiful. *bigwarmhug* Eventhough I live far away, and don't know anyone here personally... your posts touch my heart and I do think of each of you who struggle. Peace and love everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    I came here today to post my troubles and reason why I haven't been posting this past month or so.

What happened was I read the last few pages of posts and I learned some lessons. I came once again to appreciate how fortunate I am and have been.

My "trouble" is I fell in my kitchen and fractured the neck of my right femur (aka my hip) and am now recovering & rehabbing. I am not making comparisons ... but comparatively speaking, I am so very blessed. It's just a hip, it was repaired and it's just a blip on the GPS of life.

I will use this time to pray for those here who have real troubles and continue to be grateful. Bless you all and know that you are in my thoughts and prayers.
    As noted by others here before, your troubles are your troubles. No need to compare them to others'. I hope you are able to recover quickly. I woke up today with no plans except a "list of things to do" and had to remind myself that this is the "normal" I've been so desperate to get back to at different times in my life recently.
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread