+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1777Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

To both Muduh, and Gutmutter - knowing the power of prayer can be very strong, I will add your DIL mother and Gutmutter you will continue to be in my prayers and my thoughts.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter
    Muduh - that's scary. Genetic cancer. At least she will be on the lookout for it and they are making new discoveries every day. What about the grandchildren. Any girls?
    I know that there probably isn't any association, but the grandmother and mother both smoked like there was no tomorrow. DIL and her sister do too. They now plan to quit. In my personal opinion, you don't plan to quit smoking. You just DO it. DIL smokes about three packs a day. Money is really tight for them and I have always wished that she would quit if only for that reason. Maybe she will now. She said that her mother is in a lot of pain. I'm not sure when that started. She didn't mention it when I saw her a couple of weeks ago, and if there'd been pain, she surely would have mentioned it.
    Gut, the only grandkid is the little boy that we share. Her other daughter and her son don't have kids yet.
    And thanks to everybody for thinking of the family. I will be there for them and that's about all I can do.
    Last edited by Muduh; 06-21-2005 at 08:53 PM.

I'm Keeping your family in my thoughts and prayers, Muduh.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    nlmcp - it sucks having your car and everything in it stolen! I had the same thing happen a few years ago - my purse and everything was in it. The officers told me that they have something like a 90 percent recovery rate. Fortunately, the car was recovered - three weeks later and only about 4 blocks away. Apparently someone just needed a ride. Unfortunately, everything inside was gone. I hope you get all your stuff back!

FORT Fogey
    Aw nlmcp, Gutmutter, and Muduh, I am so sorry to read about your current struggles!!!

I want you to know that I'm out here hoping and praying for the best outcomes for all of you, my FORT friends!!

Pom

Gutmutter and Muduh, you and your families will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Muduh...cancer sucks, but it is a proven fact that smoking and bladder cancer are linked. Sad but true. I hope that your family are okay, and my thoughts are with you.

Gutmutter - You and your family will continue to be foremost in my daily prayers.

Mudah - I will add your family to my list as well. On a side note, My mom had a heart attack 18 months ago at age 59. That day, she stopped smoking (after 44 years of it) and has never picked up another cigarrette since. She has not used any drugs or patches to stop the cravings for the nicotine. She said that heart attack was the biggest wake up call she needed. She is doing fine and we are so thankful to have her.

I went to a lunch today where a female cardiologist gave a presentation on women and cardiovascular disease. It was fascinating to learn some of the differences between men and women with respect to cardiovascular disease. For instance, the heart attack statistics for women and men who are ten years younger are almost exactly the same. They think it may be because of hormones. Also, the studies show that while taking a baby aspirin a day lowers the incidence of heart attacks in men but does nothing to reduce the incidence of strokes, the effect of the aspirin is exactly the opposite in women. The things she tried to pound home were the extent to which smoking increases your risk of cardiovascular disease and the importance of exercise. There are obviously other factors like family history, high blood pressure, diabetes, and high LDL cholesterol which indicate a greater chance of suffering from cardiovascular disease.

Gutmutter, I'll be beaming good thoughts your way as well as towards Muduh's DIL's mother.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar
    Guttmutter & Mudah, I'm sending positive vibes your way. Cancer has been a hard topic for me in for the past two years, ever since my Dad was diagonsed with prostate cancer. (Cross fingers, they seem to have gotten it before it went anywhere.) My mom just had a scare with her mammogram...they wanted her to come in ASAP for a sonogram, and luckily the weirdness came back as just a cyst that won't cause any problems. But everytime the remote possibility comes up, I get really scared and freaked out. My usual cynical self has come to believe in the power of positive thoughts, so stay strong and keep believing.

+ Reply to Thread