+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1622Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: Talk about your troubles

Taking control is what makes things feel better. Now, you have one more tip on a postive thing you can do should it happen again, instead of sitting/walking around waiting, wringing your hands, waiting for the bogeymen to show up! As is said, knowledge is power!
    Last edited by prhoshay; 09-16-2012 at 09:40 AM.
    Lizard likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Bug and Gut--So sorry to hear your news.
    Bug, I feel as though I know Victor from all you've writen about him (I especially remember the struggles over his growing independence, and wanting to exercise it, being "grown up", and your need to keep him in the safe bounds of the limits his disease and assorted treatments were providing---lots of tough choices and parental frustrations and food for thought!), and I'm so sorry you and we will be losing him so young (and, as you might say, "for now"). Your letter was beautiful, and I'm sure it was a comfort to Victor. Lots of hugs to you both in these last days.
    Gut, you are always so amazingly mature. Of course we hope your fears are misguided, but if worse comes to worst, your attitude will make it so much less painful for both your ex and your shared child, no matter how grown up the child. Hugs to you, too.

Quote Originally Posted by buglover View Post
    Come on over Cootie! I'm willing to bet if you saw my bedroom you may change your mind about cleaning forever! For 2 years I haven't even bothered to put my clothes away. I just live out of the hamper. There are stacks and stacks of medical bills all over the tops of dressers, entertainment center and I have a graveyard of cups on my vanity. When I get ready for bed, I just put the cup on the counter so I won't knock it over accidentally in my sleep........and there they sit until there are no more cups in the kitchen then I take some down and wash them. I've been a lazy beast for 2 years!
    I am not the best cleaner too. And the one or two times people have come over to clean for me, I really appreciated it. I have started to look at it not as a chore. My thoughts now are that I need to live in the best environment ever, that I am worth it.
    Cootie and inthegarden like this.
    You can do it!

My heart is with you buglover.
    Count your blessings!

Thanks Gut. May the journey with your ex husband end in a much happier outcome.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Sending you special hugs, Bug!

CCL

My condolences to you and your family, buglover.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

I'm looking at a very strong possibility that my husband has prostate cancer. Though it's usually a "no big deal" slow-moving cancer in most, the love of my life is a 26-year renal transplant (anonymous unrelated cadaver) recipient. All those years of immunosuppresants are taking their toll (two incidents of skin cancer, plus other stuff). His PSA level has been significantly elevated since February. We've taken the wait-and-see approach, but the last tests indicate that it's time to stop waiting and to start seeing, especially since typically slow-moving cancers such as prostate can become outrageously aggressive in immunosuppressed people. Sometime within the next 6 weeks he'll have a biopsy.

Really, I don't know what scares me more: the cancer itself, or that our "health"care (what an effin' joke) is Kaiser. (Californians will know what I mean.)
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Oh, Ellen - I'm so sorry. I'll be thinking of you.
    Ellen likes this.
    Count your blessings!

Ellen, I am sorry to hear this. Sending good vibes to you both.
    Ellen likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread