+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2024Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Re: Talk about your troubles

Oh, Bug, you and your family will be in my prayers. I am so sorry.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Bug & Gut, my I'm sorry to hear both of your news. My thoughts are with you both. You're both incredibly strong women; just remember to take care of yourself as well.

Some of you have already seen this but I thought I would share with those who are not on face book. This is the letter I read to him today.

My beautiful baby boy,

I want to thank you for bringing a purpose and meaning to my life. For 20 years I have been blessed. When I was pregnant with you I couldn’t stop smiling. I couldn’t wait to meet you. In the 9th month, I was really getting impatient……I wanted to hold you and say hello and you decided to make me wait an extra 10 days! When you finally arrived there are no words to express the immediate love I had for you. I knew from that moment on you would be the center of my life and I would do anything for you.

Through the years we have had our differences. We have experienced the push/pull of wanting control. I’m so sorry for the rotten things that came out of my mouth in times of anger. You have turned into a wonderful man and I am so proud of you with everything you have done.

When I watch you sleep whether as a baby or a man the surge of love I feel is overwhelming. You are a part of me. You are always with me and you will always be the most important thing that ever happened to me. I would never change a thing about our life together. The arguments, fights, crying, laughing have all made me a better person. Having you in my life has made my life complete.

I will miss you so much but I will never forget every amazing moment that I have been privileged to spend with you. I want you to know that I will be ok. I’m surrounded with people who love me just as much as I love you. I promise to take care of myself and live the rest of my life with purpose and meaning.

We will take care of Reina. We will help her through this and give her all the love and support she needs. You do not need to worry. We will make sure she is ok and continues with her schooling and gets the career she has been working so hard to have.

Your grandma and great grandma will be there to meet you. Do not be afraid. They are going to hold you and take you where you need to go. When it is my turn later in life, you can come and get me. I know you will.

I love you more than the words can convey. You are an amazing person. I’m honored to have been able to be with you on the journey of your life. Thank you for choosing me to be your mom.

He laid his head on my shoulder for a long time and reached for my hand. I know how much he loves me. He doesn't have to say a word. I'm ok with letting him go and now I think he's ok with going.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Bug, I don't even have words. I'm so sorry. Your strength literally takes my breath away. As lucky as you are to have had Victor in your life, HE was lucky to have you as his mother. Thinking of you and sending my prayers.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by buglover View Post
    Some of you have already seen this but I thought I would share with those who are not on face book. This is the letter I read to him today.

My beautiful baby boy,

I want to thank you for bringing a purpose and meaning to my life. For 20 years I have been blessed. When I was pregnant with you I couldnít stop smiling. I couldnít wait to meet you. In the 9th month, I was really getting impatientÖÖI wanted to hold you and say hello and you decided to make me wait an extra 10 days! When you finally arrived there are no words to express the immediate love I had for you. I knew from that moment on you would be the center of my life and I would do anything for you.

Through the years we have had our differences. We have experienced the push/pull of wanting control. Iím so sorry for the rotten things that came out of my mouth in times of anger. You have turned into a wonderful man and I am so proud of you with everything you have done.

When I watch you sleep whether as a baby or a man the surge of love I feel is overwhelming. You are a part of me. You are always with me and you will always be the most important thing that ever happened to me. I would never change a thing about our life together. The arguments, fights, crying, laughing have all made me a better person. Having you in my life has made my life complete.

I will miss you so much but I will never forget every amazing moment that I have been privileged to spend with you. I want you to know that I will be ok. Iím surrounded with people who love me just as much as I love you. I promise to take care of myself and live the rest of my life with purpose and meaning.

We will take care of Reina. We will help her through this and give her all the love and support she needs. You do not need to worry. We will make sure she is ok and continues with her schooling and gets the career she has been working so hard to have.

Your grandma and great grandma will be there to meet you. Do not be afraid. They are going to hold you and take you where you need to go. When it is my turn later in life, you can come and get me. I know you will.

I love you more than the words can convey. You are an amazing person. Iím honored to have been able to be with you on the journey of your life. Thank you for choosing me to be your mom.

He laid his head on my shoulder for a long time and reached for my hand. I know how much he loves me. He doesn't have to say a word. I'm ok with letting him go and now I think he's ok with going.

Oh bug, that is the MOST BEAUTIFUL letter I have ever read.

You are one incredibly amazing MOM.

Your beautiful SON was so very lucky to have YOU as you were to have HIM.

Be strong now, bug. You do know he will be in good hands.

Continued prayers for you and your family as you all come together to find PEACE with God's decision.

To Gut, I pray as well for you and your ex as he starts Chemo.
    KAREN

Bug and Gut, thinking of you both. Sending you love and hugs and strength!

My beautiful baby boy,

I want to thank you for bringing a purpose and meaning to my life. For 20 years I have been blessed. When I was pregnant with you I couldn’t stop smiling. I couldn’t wait to meet you. In the 9th month, I was really getting impatient……I wanted to hold you and say hello and you decided to make me wait an extra 10 days! When you finally arrived there are no words to express the immediate love I had for you. I knew from that moment on you would be the center of my life and I would do anything for you.

Through the years we have had our differences. We have experienced the push/pull of wanting control. I’m so sorry for the rotten things that came out of my mouth in times of anger. You have turned into a wonderful man and I am so proud of you with everything you have done.

I will miss you so much but I will never forget every amazing moment that I have been privileged to spend with you. I want you to know that I will be ok. I’m surrounded with people who love me just as much as I love you. I promise to take care of myself and live the rest of my life with purpose and meaning.

I love you more than the words can convey. You are an amazing person. I’m honored to have been able to be with you on the journey of your life. Thank you for choosing me to be your mom.

Bug, what a beautiful letter to your son! I am glad you got to read that letter to him and I hope that when it is his time, that he will go peacefully, in his sleep.

Your letter made me cry and made me think of the letter I wrote to my dad when his end was near. It really comforted me to know that he knew exactly how I felt about him. I never had to look back and say "I wish I had said this or told him that" I said what I couldn't say in the letter because I didn't want to say it and start crying and make him feel he had to stay.

My beautiful baby boy,

Oh bug, I am sitting here crying. This letter is so beautiful and probably the most loving thing you could give him at the end (the release and promise that his life was worth it and you will be ok). I know we've talked in the past about strength and you have had doubts - I hope you don't anymore. I have never seen a better example of strength in hard times in my entire life . . . and I can only hope that I could be even half as strong as you have been. You continue to be in my thoughts and prayers.

Quote Originally Posted by shyra View Post
    Bug, what a beautiful letter to your son! I am glad you got to read that letter to him and I hope that when it is his time, that he will go peacefully, in his sleep.

Your letter made me cry and made me think of the letter I wrote to my dad when his end was near. It really comforted me to know that he knew exactly how I felt about him. I never had to look back and say "I wish I had said this or told him that" I said what I couldn't say in the letter because I didn't want to say it and start crying and make him feel he had to stay.
    My SO got a letter from his dad before he died and it made him happy to read it. His dad told him he was proud of him and I don't think he ever knew that or felt it. It was very nice for him.

Bug - this letter s beautiful. Very touching and I loved that you shared it with us. Thank you.

buglover Just Beautiful.
    Thank you for sharing.

+ Reply to Thread