+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1973Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Re: Talk about your troubles

Remembering and honoring our heroes today. Keeping Eastcoastmom and family in my thoughts and prayers. hugs
    Lizard, Debb70 and Eastcoastmom like this.

Good thoughts to Eastcoastmom and other victims' family members
    Eastcoastmom likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    I wasn't sure where to post this. It's not really troubles but I felt the need to gripe about something.

A co-worker asked me when our supply order would come in because we're out of small notepads so she's using phone message paper in the meantime. I reminded her that we have bigger notepads she could use until we got the other notepads in but she vehemently did not want to use those because she uses them for another purpose.

Personally, I already think it's stupid that we're ordering both sizes of note pads. Paper is paper so why do you need a small notepad for some projects and big ones for other ones??? This same co-worker also orders colored plastic paper clips instead of using the regular metal clips like everyone else in the office. She got huffy when she found out the state wouldn't pay for those clips so now she buys her own. She also had me order her a pack of CD-R for a presentation she was doing instead of using the CD-R's we already have in the office.

It's really hard for me to hold my tongue and not say anything but I think she's being ridiculous and wasteful. Let her go ahead and scribble on phone message paper if she's too stubborn to use regular sized paper.
    I saw this and thought I might add my two cents worth. If there is a money shortage and the special items cost too much, then I say cut the fat and just purchase the basics, however, if there is anyway to get the special items, then I would consider it. The reason is that I used to think like you. I didn't understand why the colored clips and special size pads were helpful. Then, I started doing more clerical work for myself. I noticed that it was easier for me to keep track of copies vs. originals with the colored clips and that if I could insert the little stickies in various places on my documents, it could help me keep organized better. My paralegal had always gotten those things and I didn't get it, but after using them for awhile, I think it was helpful.

You sound like you know your way around an office pretty well. It may be that this co-worker has some challenges that these extra tools help her. Just an idea.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

I hadn't thought that she might have some kind of filing system. I assumed she wanted the colored paper clips because she's a big kid at heart and wanted something colorful instead of drab metal. Still, we have sticky notes so she can use those to keep her files in order. Our office has faced severe shortages before, where weren't even allowed to order highlighter pens or Scotch tape, so I'm ultra-sensitive about being wasteful with supply orders and not being able to order the things we really do need because some other office ordered a bunch of non-essential things. I try to do my part by not being part of the problem.

Ultimately, though, it's not my call so if a co-worker says they want something, I go ahead and place the order. It just bothers me when I don't think a supply is essential (like ordering a calculator for a co-worker when he could have just used the calculator program that's on our computers).

Thanks for giving me a different perspective to look at it, Debb.

It's just possible that she needs that extra help. The worker who thought they were so important in my office needed that special help. I saw her struggling with left vs. right and suspect she had some disability. She managed though. HOWEVER, I know what it's like to pay overhead and sometimes you can't afford the frills. Basics only. I get it.

Hi everyone! It has been a long time since I have posted. I mostly update family and friends on face book regarding my son's progress. Just wanted to thank all of you who have had us in your thoughts and prayers. After a lengthy battle with cancer, his liver is failing. We are now going to discuss end of life care tomorrow. He had 10 wonderful months this year pain and symptom free and was able to travel to a couple of states, meet new people and enjoy his life. Thanks again for the love and light.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by buglover View Post
    Hi everyone! It has been a long time since I have posted. I mostly update family and friends on face book regarding my son's progress. Just wanted to thank all of you who have had us in your thoughts and prayers. After a lengthy battle with cancer, his liver is failing. We are now going to discuss end of life care tomorrow. He had 10 wonderful months this year pain and symptom free and was able to travel to a couple of states, meet new people and enjoy his life. Thanks again for the love and light.

Thinking of you and your son, Bug. You have been a champion for him. Take care.
    chrisg likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by buglover View Post
    Bug, I am so, so sorry to hear about Victor and wish that there was a more profound word than sorry. It is so like you to be thankful for the respites from his illness. Victor has been in my Mom's prayer group for a long time and will continue to be. I truly believe that love and light may transform but never, ever leaves us. Continued prayers for you both.
    shyra, AmyKay, Cootie and 1 others like this.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

Thinking of you and your son Bug.

My thoughts and prayers for Victor and bug.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

+ Reply to Thread