+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2024Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Re: Talk about your troubles

PhoneGrrl, more than anything else, please take care of you! Do what you need to do to protect yourself. You will be in my thoughts and prayers (as is everyone else in the path of Issac)!

I hope Phonegirl is safe. I hope she was able to get to a safe place. I have been through one hurricane and the aftermath was not fun. We had no power for 10 days and it was so hot! The roads were impassable, so you could not get out of your neigborhood. It looked like a war zone. Trees down everywhere. It was Fran in 1996! I pray for any who have to endure anything close to that. Thank goodness we were all safe, but the aftermath was horrific for those who needed medical care.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

The winds are picking up and really that's what I'm worried about. I know I won't flood. They finally got some sense and shut down the office early today and we're definitely closed tomorrow, which HAD to be done since the city officials are pretty much saying that everyone needs to stay off the roads tomorrow. And the wait...just gives me more time to get nervous!

But so far, so good. My cousin in NOLA finally got some sense and got out of town.
    Lizard, Cootie, KatesMom and 2 others like this.

PhoneGrrrl I hope you are okay. Even though it's smart to watch the weather, some of the meteorologist can sure make me a nervous wreck.
    Debb70 likes this.

PG Thinking of you and hoping that this is MUCH better than last time. You could use a break from home repairs and "roughing it"!
    Last edited by Critical; 08-28-2012 at 10:15 PM. Reason: Good grief. Could I read what I write before I hit "post"?
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Thinking good thoughts PG. I am watching the news, and have you all in my thoughts
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Thanks, guys. There are plenty of folks that are in the way of this storm, so think of them too. That said, once the power goes down, I'll be spared of seeing goofy Weather Channel reporters standing on beaches in storms.
    I'm here likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl View Post
    Thanks, guys. There are plenty of folks that are in the way of this storm, so think of them too. That said, once the power goes down, I'll be spared of seeing goofy Weather Channel reporters standing on beaches in storms.
    I always wonder who those reporters pissed off! In Northern California, they're always stuck up on the Donner Pass in heavy snow. In Southern California, poor Conan Nolan spent years of his career standing in flood waters or high winds....like just telling us about it from the studio wasn't enough. Do they think we'll only believe the weather is bad if they send some patsy out to stand in it?

Hope you're able to ride this out with electricity!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl View Post

I suppose IF the weather people didn't stand out in the bad weather... we wouldn't believe it was happening...

Hope the power doesn't go out where you are... good luck and keep us posted!

Just watched the news and things are much worse in New Oreleans than they had predicted, and are likely to continue through the weekend! Half a million without power and no hope of workers going in until the wind dies down. PhoneGrrrl - let us know how you are if you can.
    Debb70 and I'm here like this.
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread