+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1689Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

nlmcp - Sorry to hear that unfortunate incident! I hope you get everything back..hope they catch the JERK who stole your belongings.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    oh crap Nancy. This is just not a scrapbooking moment.

Hope everything turns out okay!

I haven't been in here in a while, so I'm just now getting caught up. Pommy, what an endearing story about your friend, Salad. I think it's particularly insightful about your character that you are quick to say the friendship wasn't one-sided...that she gave you a lot, too. I'm proud to call you my friend.

One of Mr. Rose's early bosses became quite a mentor to him over the years, and just last year suffered a stroke that forced him to live in a nursing home full time. We were worried about him, because relatively speaking, he's much younger (late 60's) than the other patients. But he has settled in quite nicely there. We visit as often as we can, and we are continually impressed with the great care they give the residents. I hope the same will happen with your Salad.

Nlcmp, yikes. I hope your car is returned intact quickly...I'm mortified to think your important doc's could end up in the wrong hands. I hope it was just some punk kids, and that they just wanted a fun romp. Please keep us informed.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

I just want to ask you all to keep my daughter in law's family in your thoughts. DIL's mother was diagnosed with cancer yesterday. She had uterine cancer about twenty years ago and had a complete hysterectomy. This is bone cancer, I think. She goes to an oncologist on Thursday.
    Anyway, she and I have a grand child in common and I am counting on her to take up my slack when I get too feeble to do the job.
    I'd appreciate if you all would just think of her. Thanks all.

Oh, Muduh. That's too bad. How's your DIL taking it? I got my MRI results back today and they found 2 suspicious somethings ("nodes" was the word they used). One was on the opposite breast which has been ignored all along, but the other was just inches away from the cancer. With a clear mammogram in October, a diagnostic one in May, and two ultra-sounds since, plus 5 different doctors prodding around - how is it possible they missed this? I have to have biopsies ASAP so the surgery won't be delayed, but I have to prepare for more drastic action and follow-up. Sheesh!
    Count your blessings!

Gut, sounds like yours is in really early stage. That is a really good news. I'm glad that they found the other one now instead of later. I would think that both can be treated at once. Sort of like you get a two for one deal, huh?
    DIL isn't handling this well at all. The grandmother had the same cancer and now the mom. They were told that it's genetic. Besides worrying about her mom, now she is understandably concerned about herself and her younger sister.

My thoughts are with you and your family Muduh. And Gut, I am glad that there are 5 doctors looking after you....but ya, that is crappy. Things show up in ultrasounds that are not caught in mammo's, and MRI's show even more. Concentrate on yourself now Gut, and I'll be sending positive thoughts your way....

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    Muduh - your DIL's family will be in my prayers
    Gut - when it rains, it pours, huh? Good luck with the biopsies - please keep us posted.

Cancer sucks.

My troubles certainly don't reach the magnitude of things you guys are experiencing, but I'm really grumpy today. I found out that my car accident last Wednesday which I thought did about $2K worth of damage actually did $5800 and it's inches from being totaled. Pre-accident, it was easily worth $10k on the open market if not more (and priceless to us) and the very last thing I can afford right now is another car payment. It's a 1999 Toyota Minivan. We'll know more tomorrow, but I swear every time I get inches ahead I fall miles behind. Ugh.

ETA: I researched and found it was only worth about $7500 on the market, but still!!!
    Last edited by marybethp; 06-21-2005 at 06:17 PM.

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    Dayum Nancy, that sucks. I hope everything turns out alright.

Muduh -- sending good throughs your (and your DIL's family) way.
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

Muduh - that's scary. Genetic cancer. At least she will be on the lookout for it and they are making new discoveries every day. What about the grandchildren. Any girls?
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread