+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1359Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: Talk about your troubles

Do you do any exercise? I find that walking gives me a chance to get inside my own head, whether it's on a treadmill or outside....and what it does for my "outsides" is pretty wonderful, too, and it doesn't cost a cent.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I've started walking this summer. I mean, I used to do a treadmill and hated it, but walking outside is totally different. You have a destination and scenery. I still swim, but the pool will be closed for the next two weeks, so maybe I can get myself back into the Wii.
    Count your blessings!

There is no way you can walk in Oklahoma in the summer anymore. It is so hot and it is 90's at 7 in the morning. As soon as it cools down some I am going to start back riding my bike every day. There is such a cleansing when you can get out and clear the mind.
    prhoshay likes this.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

My treadmill is set up in my family room, in view of the television, and that is majorly convenient. Don't have to worry about critters coming at you, humidity and heat (which I hate), and other less than desirable things/people interfering. That oval track with all of the "old people" was one of the best things I ever used, but I live too far away from it now.

"Curves for Women" is a pretty cool place for a workout, but there is a monthly fee. Several times around the circuit (to music) is a complete workout, and you attain a tight body!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I think knitting helps the mind. And when the mind is at rest the body follows.

This morning they had the people from extreme weight loss. They had this beautiful woman who once was an athlete. She got huge (400+lbs). She was going to give up. And the trainers played the tape at the beginning where she talked about not letting herself down, not quitting. That was enough to make her stick to it. We know the answers to all things. It is remembering to honor ourselves. Honoring ourselves takes nothing from anybody else in fact it serves to give to everyone else. Honor the light that is you people.
    You can do it!

Quote Originally Posted by nennie View Post
    There is no way you can walk in Oklahoma in the summer anymore. It is so hot and it is 90's at 7 in the morning. As soon as it cools down some I am going to start back riding my bike every day. There is such a cleansing when you can get out and clear the mind.
    You said it all, right there! Once you get into it, it is refreshing....and you sleep like a baby.

Hate the dreadmill- but walking outside is free, and wonderful. I love walking
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I'm a walker. My dog makes me do it.
    Unfortunately I live in a climate where it's not realistic, pleasant or even safe in the long Winter months. I try to ride my stationary bike in the winter & I have a few fun exercising dance classes I take then. I try, but I vastly prefer the walking. I agree it helps clear your thoughts & work things out. I always feel refreshed when I get home.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

I hate walking. I can force myself to do it for a while but the longest I've been able to keep it up was only six months. I prefer riding a bike or swimming for exercise.
    Current Pools: Masterchef 5, So You Think You Can Dance 11
    Upcoming Pools: Face Off 7: TBA

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    I hate walking. I can force myself to do it for a while but the longest I've been able to keep it up was only six months. I prefer riding a bike or swimming for exercise.
    I prefer running.I started again a few weeks ago.But my knee hurt, so I had to stop.I sill walk really fast .I love to swim, I find that very calming
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread