+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1581Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Re: Talk about your troubles

I thought Pikachu might be hormonal. In my 30s some of my moods I could have attributed to hormones (PMS).

I have found menopause to be kind on my moods. The only thing I really do not like is the hot flashes. One of my friends said you go either the less hormonal direction or the horny toad direction when you experience menopause. I have found that I am the less hormonal direction.

Johnny, let anything that hurt you go. There is zero reason for you to carry its weight. Love yourself. In carrying it, you are hurting yourself. Choose goodness for yourself. Avoid behaviors that you know cause pain. Think good thoughts.
    You can do it!

This isn't a huge trouble, but I'm mystified and a little angry. We got a new principal last year and I was told by a teacher-friend in another district that he would only be with us one year because he was in line for a position at his school (a much wealthier district). He never let on that this was in the works and the grapevine buzz about it petered out. I found out from this same friend that our principal accepted the position on Monday. I asked some colleagues via facebook if they had any more info on the subject and nobody - even his secretary - had any idea! Her asking him about it outed his "secret" (why keep it secret if you've already accepted the position?) and he had to own up. But it is still hush-hush. There has been no announcement. Even the union leader didn't know about it until I e-mailed her 30 min. ago. So we start school in 2 weeks with no principal, major cuts that require a re-working of the schedule that nobody is working on. It just feels really unprofessional to me.
    Count your blessings!

Gutmutter, people in administrative positions often just seek higher administrative positions. And sometimes it is a blessing that they will go away. I guess you are blessed to be rid of whoever. Just my first hand thoughts. Other thoughts: sometimes the more we seek answers the fewer answers we find and more peace disturbed we are. Prioritizing your peace because you are worth it is best. (...the thinking: I will not go there because it might alarm me. And in any event there would be nothing I could do about other than chat with my faculty family....which is nice but you can chat with them any time.) If you have time off now, I would just luxuriate in it. You can be glad you dodged a bullet with climber moving on.
    You can do it!

We start back to school monday and we picked up schedules tuesday and the teacher that the 10 year old got wasn't one we would let him have so we got a hold of the school and talked to them and had to wait on an answer til the next day. When we got back in touch with them the teacher we didn't want transferred to another school and left them hanging. It was a blessing for us but had to uproot an teacher from third grade to take over a 4the grade class. Good thing we like who he got.

Gutmutter I would be mad about the secrecy. No need for that.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    This isn't a huge trouble, but I'm mystified and a little angry. We got a new principal last year and I was told by a teacher-friend in another district that he would only be with us one year because he was in line for a position at his school (a much wealthier district). He never let on that this was in the works and the grapevine buzz about it petered out. I found out from this same friend that our principal accepted the position on Monday. I asked some colleagues via facebook if they had any more info on the subject and nobody - even his secretary - had any idea! Her asking him about it outed his "secret" (why keep it secret if you've already accepted the position?) and he had to own up. But it is still hush-hush. There has been no announcement. Even the union leader didn't know about it until I e-mailed her 30 min. ago. So we start school in 2 weeks with no principal, major cuts that require a re-working of the schedule that nobody is working on. It just feels really unprofessional to me.
    I'm wondering if there is more to the story that you don't know. My guess on the principal is that even though he accepted the offer, he doesn't have it in writing yet. That was why I waited to provide notice - I had orally accepted, but had heard horror stories about companies pulling offers before the contract was signed, so I didn't want to burn the bridges with my current employer until everything was signed up. As for who will take over, hopefully the current school has known about this potential for a while and has something in the hopper - which they may not have communicated to you all yet for the same reason.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

We had three parties at work this week and I wasn't able to participate in any of them because I couldn't afford to contribute anything.

It really sucks being poor. I keep waiting for the opportunity to get a new job that pays more so I can get out of this rut. I've never before been as bad off as I am right now because my credit cards are maxed out so I can't lean on them to get me through this time.

I'm working on cutting down on all of my spending and not charging anything more so hopefully in a few weeks or months, things will start turning around.
    Current Pools: Masterchef 5, So You Think You Can Dance 11
    Upcoming Pools: Face Off 7 Registration Deadline: July 29th, Project Runway 13 Registration Deadline: July 31st

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Sounds like a plan!

Here's a silver lining.....the people at work have been getting on your nerves, anyway, so it's probably better that you didn't deal with them. Work parties can be trouble, anyway. Generally, people just come away talking about each other.

Did you take that mental health day?

Refuse to wallow in the pity party! Then again, everybody needs one every now and then!
    Last edited by prhoshay; 08-10-2012 at 03:52 PM.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Yes, I did take Tuesday off. I did some cleaning in my guest bedroom, read a little, and relaxed with my kitties. It made it a bit easier to get through the rest of the workweek so I'm glad I took it. I still have loads of annual leave so I'll have to see about taking some time off. Maybe I can take a week here and there in the next few months. I'm just waiting to see what my friends and family have planned so I can coordinate my leave with their plans.
    Jamie5632 likes this.
    Upcoming Pools: Face Off 7 Registration Deadline: July 29th, Project Runway 13 Registration Deadline: July 31st

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    We had three parties at work this week and I wasn't able to participate in any of them because I couldn't afford to contribute anything.

It really sucks being poor. I keep waiting for the opportunity to get a new job that pays more so I can get out of this rut. I've never before been as bad off as I am right now because my credit cards are maxed out so I can't lean on them to get me through this time.

I'm working on cutting down on all of my spending and not charging anything more so hopefully in a few weeks or months, things will start turning around.
    Being strapped for cash sucks, and it's even worse when things come up you'd like to do but just plain can't afford it. I've had to tell people that & the looks of pity of their faces are almost as bad as being short of funds.

But I really admire you for opting out. That takes character to have the guts to do that. I've known way too many people who, instead of opting out, expect to participate without contributing like everyone else, as if everyone doesn't have money problems. That engenders a lot of bitterness. Either that or people who foolishly put themselves further in debt in order to participate.

Work has way too many occasions where it's taken for granted we just have loads of "extra" money.

Hopefully it's time for a turn in your luck & finances. Remember you're not alone in this. Although that doesn't pay the bills.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Thanks, Miss Scarlet. I made a resolution this year not to complain so much so I feel like I've had to carry this burden alone, without telling my family and friends. I'm thankful to have this forum to come to when I need to let it out. I don't expect you to fix my problems and I'll try not to complain too often but it feels good to let off steam when the pressure becomes too much. I appreciate all my online friends here for your support!
    Lizard likes this.

+ Reply to Thread