+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1553Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Re: Talk about your troubles

Well that would seem to make sense to me... you must bring up unhappy things to work on them and face them, so they are fresh on your mind. One would hope that he gives you ways to cope with them. Remember that you have a support group here wishing you well.
    Count your blessings!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Find something positive to do for other people who could benefit from your being around them. Get out of your own way. I have a friend a lot like you. He finally decided to "act himself into a different way of feeling"; in other words, fake it 'til you make it....and you eventually will.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    Now it's just that, I've been feeling a lot more depressed lately.

I have more friends, I guess, but still. It's like there is still something missing. Past stressful situations keep replaying in my head, too.

I haven't seen my counselor for like, two weeks because he's been away. Next is on Friday. Was it here where I said that sometimes afterwards I feel like I didn't accomplish anything and that I leave feeling worse than when I enter? That still happens sometimes.
    Have you thought about checking out a different counselor? I needed to try a few before I found one who really helped me. Also, don't know if you are or not - but I finally needed anti-depressants. I fought it for so long because I thought I could handle it, and I couldn't. I also needed to try 3 or 4 different types before I found the one that actually helped me. Don't quit trying until you find out what works for YOU - and if it doesn't, don't stick with it just because you think you should! Prayers and hugs, JohnnyK!!

The thing that I love about you JohnnyK is that you are not self-medicating. Guys your age often don't seek help for the type of feelings you are having, rather they party themselves into oblivion. You're facing things with a clear head and you're keeping an open mind.

Your comment that "past stressful situations keep replaying in my head" resonates with me. I'm struggling with something that happened 6 years ago. No matter how hard I try to let it go, there are those who seem to take great pleasure in digging that knife in deeper. I sit and wonder why no one has my back - sometimes you just feel so abandoned, you know? Well last night there was nothing left to do but cry... and cry... and cry. Do you know what happened this morning? The sun came up. When we can't get what we want from other people, we have to get it from ourselves. Nobody is going to dim the light in this girl's soul, and don't you let them dim yours either.

AmyKay and Jamie5632 like this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Similarly, my friend came to realize that no one felt as sorry for him as he felt for himself. He realized that he had to be proactive. He is doing really well!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

I'm in a really bad mood today, no idea why. My co-workers are getting on my nerves more than usual so I've spent most of the day alternating between being angry and being sad. I don't think they've really done anything so bad, I just don't have my usual capacity to tolerate them. I hate being in a funk. Hopefully it will only be for today and tomorrow I'll feel better. If I'm still feeling like this tomorrow morning, I think I'll call in sick and take a mental health day.
    Current Pools: Masterchef 5, So You Think You Can Dance 11
    Upcoming Pools: Face Off 7 Registration Deadline: July 29th, Project Runway 13 Registration Deadline: July 31st

Sorry, pikachu. I have those days too. I think a mental health day sounds like a good idea. Considering what you have posted in the past, I think you've earned it!!

I fully understand pickachu. I have those days more than I like to admit and have them for no reason. Just a little bit ago I just wanted to cry and didn't know why but it went away.
    Ellen and AmyKay like this.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

Mentalpause Menopause stuff has certainly diminished my capacity for putting up with inefficiency, incompetence, and basic b***s***. Patience does not come as easily as it used to.
    captain likes this.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

I so agree Ellen. I just saw this quote and I loved it:

When the art of intelligent conversation is drawn with crayon......it's time for a few to grow up.
    Ellen likes this.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

+ Reply to Thread