+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1659Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Re: Talk about your troubles

FM, not sure about Nennie's school but I remember journal writing being a big thing in elementary school when my sons were young. Fortunately, for us, all that was required was a black and white marble composition notebook. You can pick them up for about a dollar, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    FM, not sure about Nennie's school but I remember journal writing being a big thing in elementary school when my sons were young. Fortunately, for us, all that was required was a black and white marble composition notebook. You can pick them up for about a dollar, I think.
    Really? I can't remember mine ever needing a journal. Thanks ECM
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

You're welcome, FM. You know what was really cool about the journal writing? When the school year was over and my boys just tossed the school notebooks aside, I was able to read their journals which gave me a little bit of insight into what had been going on and what they had been thinking over the course of a school year. Most of the time the journal writing was just about putting your thoughts down on paper. Rarely, did they have to write about a particular subject. I know all children are different and I have a nephew who is very open and a chatterbox, but my two were notoriously tight lipped. I found out things I probably would never have known about, otherwise.
    Fanny Mare likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    You're welcome, FM. You know what was really cool about the journal writing? When the school year was over and my boys just tossed the school notebooks aside, I was able to read their journals which gave me a little bit of insight into what had been going on and what they had been thinking over the course of a school year. Most of the time the journal writing was just about putting your thoughts down on paper. Rarely, did they have to write about a particular subject. I know all children are different and I have a nephew who is very open and a chatterbox, but my two were notoriously tight lipped. I found out things I probably would never have known about, otherwise.
    That's very cool. I would have read them as well.Mine were on the 'chatterbox side.'

Heck, I read mine, and SMH
    -Andy Rooney-

We had to have 2 marble journals and that special one. They do writing in them. Why they didn't use it I will never know. I did hear a story that made me mad. At our local walmart the lady who is over school supplies told us that her sister is the janitor at one of the middle schools and she went out one day to the dumpster after school was out and there it was full of school supplies that hadn't been used so she got a bunch of them out. I have been tempted to call the superintendent and complain.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

Quote Originally Posted by nennie View Post
    We had to have 2 marble journals and that special one. They do writing in them. Why they didn't use it I will never know. I did hear a story that made me mad. At our local walmart the lady who is over school supplies told us that her sister is the janitor at one of the middle schools and she went out one day to the dumpster after school was out and there it was full of school supplies that hadn't been used so she got a bunch of them out. I have been tempted to call the superintendent and complain.
    That's terrible! we buy a lot at Walmart(school supplies) and donate it to the inner city schools .They always need things.

I would definitely call and complain, why would a school throw good things away
    -Andy Rooney-

Are you sure they weren't things the students had left in their lockers? At the end of every school year we are shocked by what has been left behind by students... brand name winter coats, backpacks, baseball gloves, and, of course, notebooks, binders, etc. Whenever possible, we try to contact parents about the expensive stuff, but a lot of it goes to Salvation Army.
    Count your blessings!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I always bought my son's school stuff at Big Lots. They even undersold WallyWorld and they, pretty much, sold the same things. Geez....I haven't been to that place in years! Shelters that house families or women with school-aged children would also be a great place to donate that kind of stuff.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    Are you sure they weren't things the students had left in their lockers? At the end of every school year we are shocked by what has been left behind by students... brand name winter coats, backpacks, baseball gloves, and, of course, notebooks, binders, etc. Whenever possible, we try to contact parents about the expensive stuff, but a lot of it goes to Salvation Army.
    From what I understood it was things that was leftover from what the students brought. This is middle school so they don't have lockers yet. We aren't a huge school district.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

Now it's just that, I've been feeling a lot more depressed lately.

I have more friends, I guess, but still. It's like there is still something missing. Past stressful situations keep replaying in my head, too.

I haven't seen my counselor for like, two weeks because he's been away. Next is on Friday. Was it here where I said that sometimes afterwards I feel like I didn't accomplish anything and that I leave feeling worse than when I enter? That still happens sometimes.

+ Reply to Thread