+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree963Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: Talk about your troubles

I think it's smart, if you are pushed to do that!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I was pondering what to do Gutmutter. At first I thought about getting a business sponsor for your class. Then I thought that that might piss off someone you do not even think it would. And nobody needs to face negativity or have their boat rocked from a desire to do good.

I think you have done the right thing in not the best situation (buying the folders). If you were my daughter, I would say that you have done a good job. Think good thoughts because you certainly deserve them. Your mind can take you to a good place, or it can take you to a bad place. Dwell in good places. (I watched Ted TV yesterday with my husband. This brain scientist was interested in the brain because her brother is schiz. And she was wondering why his brain was not connecting with reality. She described the right brain as being responsible for enjoying the present and the left side of the brain as being linear in charge of task management. Anxiety can come from the left side. Well the scientist had a stroke. She went in and out of left and and right braininess (a word ). When she was in her right brain she was in pure heaven. When she was in her left brain, she realized that she needed to get emergency help.......She recovered well. And the gist of her story is that she wanted the rest of the world to be happy and connected possibly by realizing that it is a brain thing or a decision to go in that direction.)

You are a very good person to buy your student folders. There are teachers that are very selfish and would not do that.
    You can do it!

I work in a very financially depressed area, so there isn't a lot of money for the schools. Wish we had a better system for financing systems equally, but we don't. I make a good salary and am in a position where I can afford to supplement my classroom supplies. Not all teachers can. But thank you for the thoughts. I love teaching and want things to go as smoothly for my students as possible.
    Count your blessings!

well, a 3rd post script to my story...a week ago today I accepted the new job to start aug 24, my lead at that time was off so I told her the next day (tues). She seemed to be pretty nice to me that day, out of the ordinary. Wed she had taken me off my job and given most of it to the person who covered when I was on vacation, and I got to work the phones. She asked me to do something for her, and I tried explaining I would be glad to but I didnt know how and she began to get rude with me. Keep in mind I am very sensitive and my first reaction is to cry, so I walked out to compose myself and came back explaining I would do it-but by that time they had given the duty to someone else. Whatever.
    Thursday morning first thing she comes to me say how I shouldnt have gotten an attitude the day before, that I need to be a team player, and I try to explain (holding back tears) that I wasnt meaning to give attitude just trying to get her to understand where I was coming from. She says Im getting an attitude again. I blow it off and just do my job the rest of the day.
    Friday the site manager pulled me into her office and told me they were going to try to get me to my new job earlier, maybe in a week or so- I said that's fine. Maybe half an hour later I get an email from my NEW boss saying my start date had changed to today (7/30), couldn't find my site manager to confirm so I said to my lead "So my first day at the new job is Monday?" "yea I knew that" were the leads exact words...WTH? She continued to give me attitude all day, even when I got up to use the bathroom!
    So anyway I start my new job today and my new boss calls me in and says she was worried about a phone call she got Fri from my old site manager that I got up in the Lead's face...ummm No I didn't, each time she came at me I broke down!! So apparently either the lead lied to the site manager or the site manager misunderstood her. anyway, it is a very good thing I am gone. I don't know if I want to say anything to my old site manager because I don't think I was supposed to know she called my new one, part of me thinks she wont believe me anyway. Its a good thing I have worked for my new manager before or she may have actually believed what she was told!
    Feels good to get that all off my chest and now hopefully I can move on, even tho I am a little hurt. God has better things in store for me and maybe one day they will see that -I- wasn't the problem!
    KatesMom likes this.
    "Love is not a fight, but it's something worth fighting for"- Warren Barfield

Gutmutter- we are told when we get our supply list we are told to get a bit extra of the supplies for kids that cant afford them, but I never thought to ask the teachers if there is something they need. I will make it a point to do that this year
    Ellen and Jamie5632 like this.
    "Love is not a fight, but it's something worth fighting for"- Warren Barfield

PWS
    FORT Fogey

What an awful last day, AmyKay! Glad you are out of there.

Definitely a situation to count your blessings and stay in the moment (don't dredge up the past). Rather than complain about the old supervisor, I'd make it a point to tell the new supervisor how grateful you are to be with him/her. Accentuate the positive.
    Cootie likes this.
    Count your blessings!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

And Send Your "Confidence Muscle" Into Strength/Endurance Training!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Our school supply lists have wish lists for the teacher on them. We always buy extra and send some of what they need. I wasn't a happy camper last year though because the 2nd graders list had this journal on it that was expensive and when the year ended she brought it home with just a few pages written in it. That was a waste to me.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

Quote Originally Posted by nennie View Post
    Our school supply lists have wish lists for the teacher on them. We always buy extra and send some of what they need. I wasn't a happy camper last year though because the 2nd graders list had this journal on it that was expensive and when the year ended she brought it home with just a few pages written in it. That was a waste to me.
    nennie, did they ever say why they needed the journal?
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread