+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2014Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

You're a jewel Pom!! Change is hard for seniors, but I bet she will adapt fairly quickly since she sounds like she has a great attitude. Doesn't it just prove, friends come in all shapes, sizes and ages!!!!

Pom - you're the greatest.
    Count your blessings!

FORT Fogey
    Aw, geez you guys, I'm thoroughly embarrassed by the compliments! I didn't post the story to elicit any of those!!! Really.

As anyone who's spent five minutes in a "Show Discussion" thread with me can verify, I'm not always so nice!!

I posted the Salad story to lament the fact that I'm going to miss our old routine and I feel bad for her that things have changed so much, but now that a little time has passed I'm realizing that she's doing better in that nursing home than she did outside of it.

The staff of the nursing home called to tell me that she's settling in well. She's been sleeping in a bed, they're changing her clothes and giving her baths, she's eating real food and drinking plenty of liquid, and she's smoking up a storm. The smoking tells me she's doing just fine.

And as for thosee compliments, they do embarrass me. As canuckinchile pointed out, friends come in all shapes, sized, and ages. (And in my opinion, species, too!)

Salad gave an awful lot to me to it wasn't a one-sided thing at all. She's one of those people who seem like family right after you meet them. She's got one of the sharpest wits I've ever known, a wealth of experiences from which to draw some really funny stories and some very sound advice, a very generous heart, and always -- always -- a very sunny outlook on life.

I appreciate being able to come into this thread and dump this change in my life on you guys. It's absolutely not the worst trouble any of us has encountered, and as time passes I'm more able to look at the bright side of the change and focus on what's been good about it.

Okay, okay, now it's time to get back to the snark!

I went to one of my nursing homes yesterday to drop off some paperwork for the social worker and do a little work. I was there for about an hour, maybe an hour and half. Came out to find my mini van was stolen. I parked where I always park, down the street about 2 houses from the nursing home in front of an abandon apartment because the parking lot is always full. (This is in Highland Park for anyone in the area) So, of course I have to wait 2 1/2 hours for Wayne County to show up, plus I have to deal with comments from the administer from the home that if I had parked in the lot this wouldn't have happened. Well lady if you had a space just for me I could park in the lot. Actually the employees were all wonderful to me. But, my work laptop was in the car with my divorce folder. So, my whole families ssn and dob are out there now along with about 150 clients ssn and dob so I have to figure out what reports I have to do. (Not to mention my daughters just figured out half of our Harry Potter book on tape is gone)

I may get the car back, per my insurance and the cops my kind of car (Dodge mini van) is easy to steal and someone needed a ride, so they may find it in a few days. But still. I'm not because it's not like I loved the car, but I'm just a bit
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

Aww Nancy that sucks. Losing all your personal stuff has got to be the pits. Someone stole my gas grill the other day and that pisses me off. I'd really be pissed to lose all the stuff you did.

Holy sh** nlmcp. That's horrible! Your own personal stuff is bad enough, but other people's, too. Yikes! Not to mention the crimp it put in your day and all the paperwork and insurance headaches and Harry Potter on tape!!! If you're like me, a lot of your favorite CDs were in that car, too. I hope they find it for you and all your stuff is still in there.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Pomeraniac
    As anyone who's spent five minutes in a "Show Discussion" thread with me can verify, I'm not always so nice!!
    hmmm - whatever do you mean...?
    Seriously, I enjoy your snarks and humor.

I think we all could use a SALAD in our life. She sounds like a marvelous friend to have.
    Gabriel - thanks for sharing your experience. My Great-Grandma lives in an assisted living facility. Knowing that someone is there keeping an eye on things is comforting. It makes me sad when we visit Granny and her neighbor friends tell her how lucky she is to get visitors.

nlmcp - Highland Park is full of "interesting" creatures. To think that someone would steal a minivan - well, that says it all. I hope you recover all your belongings. Perhaps the thieves are too stupid to know that they have a lot of valuable personal information.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Aww, Pom you truly are a gem. You are both so lucky to have one another and a routine.

NLCMP, that sucks. I hope they find the b**tard that stole your mini van with all your personal information.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

CCL
    Quote Originally Posted by combatcutie
    NLCMP, that sucks. I hope they find the b**tard that stole your mini van with all your personal information.
    Just want to echo what combatcutie and others have said. I hope you get all your stuff back, nlcmp, particularly the personal stuff.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Sending positive theif catching vibes your way NLCMP! Hope it all comes back in tact.

+ Reply to Thread