+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1672Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Re: Talk about your troubles

I'm so sorry for your loss, Johnny. The first close relative of mine that died was also a grandfather--my dad's dad. Both of my mom's parents are still alive but they're in their late 80's. I dread when the time comes to say goodbye to one or both of them. Cherish the people you do have in your life and do your best to remember the ones who have passed on. Someday you'll be telling your grandkids stories about your grandpa.

I got an unpleasant surprise this morning. My work has blocked the FORT so I can't hang out here during the day anymore. That will put a hitch in me posting pictures for Project Runway and joining in on show discussions because I'll have to wait until I'm home at lunch or after work to participate. Work will be a lot more boring than usual without the distraction of popping in here.

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    I got an unpleasant surprise this morning. My work has blocked the FORT so I can't hang out here during the day anymore. That will put a hitch in me posting pictures for Project Runway and joining in on show discussions because I'll have to wait until I'm home at lunch or after work to participate. Work will be a lot more boring than usual without the distraction of popping in here.
    When I worked in a law firm, I didn't want to miss my soap (AMC) so I brought a radio that received TV stations in to work - slid it in a drawer and used earbuds to hear it. Everyone thought I was transcribing.

Johnny, just read about the loss of your grandfather. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. I know how hard loss is to deal with. My first loss was my grandfather and then my grandmother. I lost my dad when I was just your age and now have lost my mom. I am so glad that you have the wonderful people on here and I know if it were possible we would all give you a big hug. Please take care.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Baby's Breath View Post
    When I worked in a law firm, I didn't want to miss my soap (AMC) so I brought a radio that received TV stations in to work - slid it in a drawer and used earbuds to hear it. Everyone thought I was transcribing.
    I can still go other places on the internet, just not here.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Brilliant! Where there's a will, there's a way!!!

You are only limited by your imagination!!
    Baby's Breath likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Good thinking !! LOL
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I worked at a law firm where I could use headphones for music or whatever and I had one of those radios as well. It's sometimes confusing listening to TV, but I never missed my soaps!

I've never worked anywhere that allowed employees to use the internet for personal things, so I guess I wouldn't miss it. Every once in a while at the law firm, I'd sneak on and check my email, but they monitored everyone's usage, so I never wanted to get in trouble! My previous employer (city government) blocked some sites I frequented for work research and I had to call and go through the process to get them un-blocked. What a pain!

On a serious note: JohnnyK, I'm so sorry for your loss. It doesn't matter how long you have a loved one with you, it's still hard to let them go. My thoughts are with you.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Our prayers and thoughts continue to be with you, JohnnyK. Not only for the loss of someone you loved, but the continued stress, confusion, and trouble you are feeling inwardly. I'm hoping you are able to sort through it all and find some peace.
    Baby's Breath likes this.

Update on my work situation: The last two days I have been able to visit this forum! I'm no longer getting the warning that this site is restricted because it has streaming content.

I just found out today that a tenant where I used to work passed away. I worked there 8 years and had gotten to know her very well and she and her husband had practically raised their autistic grandson. I am really concerned about the grandson since he is severe autistic and grandma and grandpa was the only ones who could handle him. My heart is really sad for the family. Rest in peace Pam.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

+ Reply to Thread