+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1518Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Re: Talk about your troubles

How quickly things get worse. If there was a good reason for me to post in this thread, this would be it...

As we found out last night, my grandfather (on my mom's side) has died at only 66. I couldn't believe it, and when I woke up today I again couldn't believe it. It was just so sudden. He does not live here in Canada. He lives in our home country, and the last my mom talked to him was a few days ago, where he told her he was going to call back. He never did, and this is the next thing we find out. The cause was apparently a heart attack.

Even though he and I were not as close as I would have liked, as in we live in different countries and rarely have seen eachother, it is still a definite loss. My mom is taking it the worst out of the family here, but also we're worried for my grandmother, who lives in the home country as well. Thankfully she isn't alone as my uncle is there supporting her right now.

The emotions I feel about it are a combination of sadness and anger. I think my mother is the same way. It would have been nice to be able to see him again, as the last time he was actually here was a few years ago. And unfortunately we couldn't travel to our country as easily.

JohnnyK - my condolences to you on the sudden death of your grandfather. I hope that your mom will be okay, this has to be so tough.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

My sincere sympathy, Johnny K, on the loss of your grandfather.

JohnnyK, my condolences to you on the death of your grandfather. It is so tough to lose any family member.

As for you seeing therapists etc, I went through all that as well. For me, my moment was that I was sick of feeling this way, sick of feeling alone and that I am the only one who went through this...I told myself that I am stronger then depression, I had to get friends to make me go out...ones I knew who wouldn't take the word no and I actually cried because I didn't want to leave my house. Anyways, long story short, I chose to live life as much as I could and although because I suffer from clinical depression and there are sometimes days that I feel just like you, I know they will pass. Reach out to who you need and trust and talk...sometimes someone just listening to me and giving me a hug to show they cared was enough to get me through that rough spot.

I am so sorry for your loss Johnny K. Thinking about you, and your family

FM
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Thanks everyone.

My mom and I had a talk about this earlier today, and we went out for a bit afterwards. But still emotional over it all.

And the thing is, this is the first close relative to mine that I have remembered passing away while I was alive. It really would have been nice to see or talk to him again more. We always thought my grandparents could have made it another 10 years at least or so. But like I said, we're especially worried for my grandmother now because I believe they have been together for around 40 years. Hopefully we'll all be okay. I'm wondering what my dad has to say about this. He himself isn't doing too well either. And he's older than my grandfather was.

So sorry for your loss JohnnyK.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

I'm sad to hear that your grandpa died at such an early age, JohnnyK. I can understand your anger and your hurt. My grandma and grandpa were two peas in a pod and he passed first from the dreaded "c" disease. She was lost without him but we kept her in her home so she at least had the memories they shared there to hold on to. I had dreams all the time that he actually never passed, that she had just hidden him 'til he had gotten better. Unfortunately, my dreams were only dreams, but it was my way of keeping them together until it was her turn.

Prayers are with you, friend. I just told you the other day to act like a kid, and then I go away on a few day trip and now I find you're again doing the work of a man, holding your mother up through her grief. You're as good as gold, JohnnyK - a nice, nice young man.

JohnnyK - my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. I'm so sorry.

My prayers and thoughts are with you during this difficult time, JohnnyK.
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

+ Reply to Thread