+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2019Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Re: Talk about your troubles

spockwhat . . .

I am so very sorry for the loss of your mom.

So very sorry.

Regardless of what the specifics of the relationship were, that was your mom, and of course, you're still on a rollercoaster of emotions right now that you don't, and can't, understand fully just yet.

Eventually, though, you will get through these feelings to reach some semblance of normal for you in your own way, and in your own time.

Please know that my heartfelt thoughts and prayers are with you.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Spockwhat, I'm sorry for your loss. I think we all have difficulties at one time or another, or all the time ( I can relate to your feelings), but we muddle through. Know that whatever you're feeling, it's ok.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Add It Up Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Thank you ALL for your very kind words. I especially appreciate the permission to simply feel what I'm feeling... sometimes you question and question your own feelings and you need simply to let them happen. It means a lot to me.

I have a mother-in-law whom I adore and I feel like she is one of the greatest gifts in my life. She sent me a short message this morning:

"Remember, you are kind, you are smart, you are important" It's funny, but I imagined myself saying that to my kids, to my Sunday School kids, and my girl's group kids, but never thought anyone would say that to me! She kind of rocks and through all my life of being unloved, she appeared in my life by virtue of my marrying her son and sometimes provides the love I need when I need it most. It helps.

Thanks again, all of you.
    ness, Cootie, jucamer and 2 others like this.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat View Post
    Thank you ALL for your very kind words. I especially appreciate the permission to simply feel what I'm feeling... sometimes you question and question your own feelings and you need simply to let them happen. It means a lot to me.

I have a mother-in-law whom I adore and I feel like she is one of the greatest gifts in my life. She sent me a short message this morning:

"Remember, you are kind, you are smart, you are important" It's funny, but I imagined myself saying that to my kids, to my Sunday School kids, and my girl's group kids, but never thought anyone would say that to me! She kind of rocks and through all my life of being unloved, she appeared in my life by virtue of my marrying her son and sometimes provides the love I need when I need it most. It helps.

Thanks again, all of you.
    We share two big things in common - a lack of closeness to our late mothers (which caused a mixed bag of feelings upon their death) and the glorious gift of a wonderful mother-in-law. My mother died almost 2 years ago, and I'm at peace now with the knowledge that I did everything I could to have a mutually respectful relationship with her - which she chose to reject. Now I'm focusing on the multiple blessings in life, and I actually have even learned to respect myself more, now that she's not there tearing me down at every opportunity.

May you gain that same sense of peace as you deal with your mother's death, whatever the challenges were in your relationship with her.

AZC
    lopevian likes this.

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar

Spockwhat, so sorry to read of the loss of you Mom. I'm so glad you have a wonderful mother-in-law to be there for you. Best wishes to you in the coming months, as you sort your feelings.

My mom was a better mom to my husband than his mother. He has always said that my family is more like a family to him than his own.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

Today has not been a good day, again. Stressed and depressed, in an emotional way, all day long. Tried going to sleep earlier than usual, and I couldn't. At this point I think the stressfulness is causing me to sometimes think I hear stuff that aren't actually happening. But who knows.

I saw the counselor today and I find that sometimes after I leave I feel a bit worse than when I entered. Probably due to the fact that I feel like "no progress has been made" with what I talked to him about. Meh.

As for the neighbor issue, I've taken time sending emails to the manager. Whether it will do anything at all, I don't know yet. My hopes are not high.

Hey JohnnyK. It's very normal to feel like nothing was accomplished after a visit to the therapist. If you like this person, continue to go because eventually it will all make more sense to you. It's a process... evolving... you know, all that good stuff they tell you... .

As for hearing things, well that worries me. If you feel like you're so unsettled that you are getting paranoid for no good reason, then you need to tell someone. Do you ever just crank up the tunes and dance around the living room in your pj bottoms? I'd like you to just unwind and give yourself a chance to be a kid. Those golden years can be yours someday, don't rush 'em! I swear you are so mature and such a nice guy, you carry the weight of the world on your shoulders. Leave that up to the adults in your life and just enjoy being YOU!

I'd come give you a big hug, if I could get past customs.
    angelic_one2002 and Jamie5632 like this.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

Thank you Baby's Breath.

This past week I've talked to, like, six different people about the specifics of what has been bugging me lately. All of them I feel I can trust however. I know I've made that mistake before but at this point I don't feel like I got much more to lose. It's worth trying.

And speaking of the music, a couple nights ago I did put the radio and the fan on to give me more distraction from other noises that could have happened. At the time it was nice.

Again, thank you very much and I'm glad I can talk to at least someone on here as well.

Talking with trusted friends is good Johnny. There is just so much transition young people go through. And your age sometimes the only thing you can do is choose not to go down dramatic roads you know will not yield anything positive.
    You can do it!

+ Reply to Thread