+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1624Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Re: Talk about your troubles

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    Tonight is one of those nights when I am completely and utterly stressed, can't sleep, and don't care about what I need to do in the morning. Because I feel like nobody cares about anything, so as a result I won't either. And by that I'm referring to people involved in my real life.
    I hate nights like this. I hope tonight is a better one for you.

FM
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

I'm sorry to hear that, JohnnyK. Believe me, I know how you feel. I've had many times I was stressed out because I felt like nobody in my real life cared. Online friends are great but it's not the same as having a person there to go to a movie or out to dinner with, to look you in the eyes and hold your hand while you're sharing your troubles with them, to pat you on the back and give you a hug when your celebrating your victories with them, etc. People are social animals and we need others around us who care.

I feel like I'm there for other people, to give them a ride to the shop when they're having car trouble, to make them goodies or bring them a gift when they've had surgery or have just gotten over being sick but when I need someone, there's no one around and it sucks.

I wish I knew something to say to help you, Johnny. I don't ever want to get to the point where I get so jaded I quit helping others but sometimes I have dark moments when I wonder why I bother trying to be a decent person when no one else cares and I wonder what's so wrong with me that no one wants to help me when I'm in need.

For what it's worth, I enjoy reading your posts and if I lived in your area, I would be thrilled to have a friend like you! The people in your real life have no idea what they're missing out on.

What a nice post pikachu.

Don't give up JohnnyK
    lopevian likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    Tonight is one of those nights when I am completely and utterly stressed, can't sleep, and don't care about what I need to do in the morning. Because I feel like nobody cares about anything, so as a result I won't either. And by that I'm referring to people involved in my real life.
    If you weren't in Canada, I would ask if we worked together. Sounds like my office. Keep your chin up.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

As you know, I think you are scrumptious, and I'm always here for you. My tip for getting through these rough patches (and I'm in one now myself) is to refocus. Don't give the people who are hurting you time that they don't deserve - use your energy to do nice things for people who will appreciate you. Seeing that you can make a perfect stranger smile will give you the fervor you need to overcome your adversities. Believe in your goodness and don't ever stop "caring."

Lots of nice posts here

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Baby's Breath View Post
    . Don't give the people who are hurting you time that they don't deserve - use your energy to do nice things for people who will appreciate you. Seeing that you can make a perfect stranger smile will give you the fervor you need to overcome your adversities. Believe in your goodness and don't ever stop "caring."
    I totally agree! there is a saying something like this.... don't waste time hating those who hate you, instead spend time loving those who love you
    I sometimes say this over and over to myself, just to focus on the good people in my life. And I get that there might not be anyone really "good" in your life.... when I feel that way, I focus on trying to be really nice to strangers (eg. the car behind my car in the drive thru, sometimes I pay for their order..... let a person ahead in the grocery line.... be friendly with the cashier and ask them how their day is going). I also feel going for a walk outside.... no ipod.... just listening to the birds or traffic, looking at the sky.... feeling the breeze on my cheeks... reconnects me to some goodness in the world.

I really like this thread (although I don't often come here!!), and it is proof that we have some very good people behind these screens

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Thanks everyone.

The reason I was stressed last night though wasn't because of the issue I posted about in here before, about feeling like I lost everyone.

In specifics it's still about the neighbor stuff. It's stressing me out that nobody does anything and nobody cares about anything I do about it. We even talked with the neighbors themselves two days ago. They said "sorry" but the next day it started again.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

My mother died last week. I guess I'm having a rough time with it. Emotional, not knowing what I'm feeling one moment to the next because to say we weren't close would be an understatement. It just brings up a lot of mixed emotions and a lot of memories.

I do wish she has peace. I wish for a lot of things, and with my father already in heaven, along with my brother, I hope they are all better, happier, pain free and know God's true love.

I had to put this in words somewhere. This is a start. I should probably drag out an old journal and get it out properly, maybe I could deal better with the emotions.

spockwhat The journal would be a great idea. A safe place for you to express all of your feelings.
    Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat View Post
    My mother died last week. I guess I'm having a rough time with it. Emotional, not knowing what I'm feeling one moment to the next because to say we weren't close would be an understatement. It just brings up a lot of mixed emotions and a lot of memories.

I do wish she has peace. I wish for a lot of things, and with my father already in heaven, along with my brother, I hope they are all better, happier, pain free and know God's true love.

I had to put this in words somewhere. This is a start. I should probably drag out an old journal and get it out properly, maybe I could deal better with the emotions.
    I'm so sorry for your loss. I can't begin to imagine what you're going through.

You might find some solace in this thread: Losing a Mom
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

+ Reply to Thread