+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1622Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Re: Talk about your troubles

MRD, I know how horribly unsettling this is and how apprehensive you must be. I'm sending you positve thoughts and prayers.

Congrats on the smokes! Carry on with being good to yourself. Play with that new baby. Have a drink. Know that we are all pulling for you!
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Sending up prayers for all of you who are going through difficulties right now.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

I too am hoping that you get good news on your medical test MRD, as Ihave also been in that position and know how awful the wait is! Prayers and positive vibes going our to you.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog View Post
    I have been having some health issues again and am sitting on pins and needles since last friday waiting on a test to come back that says cancer or not. The first test came back indicating that a more indepth test be run. And with all the other issues I'm dealing with AND a new baby in the house, this is hard. My family has been great and I hope that we get a "negative" on this test.

I quit smoking and we changed to a much better diet in Jan. More fruits and veggies, less meat, less processed foods, less gluten and I fall apart. I am glad I didn't give up drinking as who knows what might have happened.
    I'm glad you have been able to quit smoking, but so sorry you are dealing with health issues. I will be sending out positive vibes for a negative test result!!

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Well, nothing too serious or important, but just thought I'd post about it again.

Throughout the last few days, I've been feeling worse again. As for what happened when I first posted in here, it's still really bothering me.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

MRD---crossing my fingers for you...but so impressed how well you've done on the smoking. Please let us know as soon as you hear.

Gut---sorry to hear about your ex---you are right, this really does change your status as a parent---best to you and your kids in this sad time.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    Well, nothing too serious or important, but just thought I'd post about it again.

Throughout the last few days, I've been feeling worse again. As for what happened when I first posted in here, it's still really bothering me.
    Thinking of you JohnnyK - I hope your days ahead are brighter. Don't give up! And feel free to reach out here. This is quite an empathetic group of people. We all seem to have our issues we are dealing with so can share solutions and try to inspire each other.

MRD

Well, I just called the Doctor's office and the woman I refer to as "The gatekeeper" (the one who decides if you may talk to the nurse or doctor or not), has said that they don't have the results. OK, it's been a week. It was a blood test. They had my first results in 2 days. I will be calling back again today if I have not heard.
    And quite honestly, I feel very calm about this because I feel like the first test was wrong and I do NOT have cancer.

I am still having some of the health issues, but the good news is that the new medication for the iron is working and my blood count increased and I can tell by how I feel and look, that it is working. I am not totally back to full energy, but I do have more and I no longer look as pale and the dark circles are not as dark under my eyes.,

Thanks again everyone. You have always been such terrific support. And boy have we needed it lately. What a roller coaster ride it's been. New grandbaby, health issues, losing Rosie, my 23rd wedding anniversary is Sunday and quite honestly there was a time about 18 months or so ago where I thought I woudl never celebrate another wedding anniversary. But we made it and our lives are so changed for the better. I guess this is life, good mixed in with the bad. As soon as I find out from the dr. I will let you guys know.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Cootie View Post
    MRD, I pressed "like" on your post because of your last line, but took it off because I didn't want it to look like I like that you are faced with tough medical issues - so sorry to hear that - I hope that negative is the result.
    )
    You should have left it. I do have a sense of humor. I have learned that you have to laugh or you cry. And hell, drinking's the only vice I have left. (except for maybe cussing. )
    Cootie likes this.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

JohnnyK, there's no time frame in which you have to let go of whatever is bothering you. The important thing is that you've experienced some days that have been better than others, which proves that you are going to get past this. I'm not saying that you'll not always remember it, because you will, but it will eventually be overshadowed by the good things in your life.

MRD, I hope you have a wonderful anniversary tomorrow.

My best to the both of you.

+ Reply to Thread