+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1769Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Re: Talk about your troubles

Gut, what's his first name? I would like to lift him, by name, in prayer.

XXO
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Famita Best Wishes for you as you begin a new chapter in your life. I'm so happy that your family is supporting you and sharing your happiness.
    I've know of people, who have carried small items of remembrances, with them or had them stitched in their wedding dress, of loved ones that have passed.

Gutmutter You a are living testament to the true meaning of a good mother.

Thanks again, those of you sharing kind thoughts and prayers. It hit me yesterday that if this cancer takes him, I'll be parenting alone.
    Poppy - I'll PM you. His name is different enough that I don't feel comfortable yet sharing it.
    Count your blessings!

Thanks, you guys-you "get" it! We will be sharing and doing some things with his memory and humors-my mother will probably roll over on the spot, but we (my boys and I) are a fun loving group! Mahalo!

MRD

Gut, I am so sorry to hear that your kids are going through this with another parent. You are a wonderful and caring mom and I know you will help them all deal with your ex's illness. I hope that he is responsive to treatment and that all will end up ok.
    wait
    I have been having some health issues again and am sitting on pins and needles since last friday waiting on a test to come back that says cancer or not. The first test came back indicating that a more indepth test be run. And with all the other issues I'm dealing with AND a new baby in the house, this is hard. My family has been great and I hope that we get a "negative" on this test.

I quit smoking and we changed to a much better diet in Jan. More fruits and veggies, less meat, less processed foods, less gluten and I fall apart. I am glad I didn't give up drinking as who knows what might have happened.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

MRD, I pressed "like" on your post because of your last line, but took it off because I didn't want it to look like I like that you are faced with tough medical issues - so sorry to hear that - I hope that negative is the result.

And to all of you facing tough issues, I am so sorry for what you are facing and what your kids are troubled by...I am hoping for better days for us all! I am working on my attitude, trying to be positive and energized, but am going through a slump right now. I'm tough, though and will get by soon enough. Since I work extra hard at cleaning my house when I am feeling down, it is going to be spotless very soon

MRD - Did they give you any indication when you will get the results? I remember when I was waiting to hear, the doctor had told me he would be sure to fax the results to my doctor by Friday so I wouldn't have to wait over the weekend. I called a couple of times on Friday and the receptionist kept telling me they weren't in. When I knew they would be closing soon, I begged her to check the fax machine. She sighed, put me on hold, came back on and said, "You have cancer", and proceeded to make an appointement with an oncologist. Unbelievable.
    Of course I hope your results will be the exact opposite.
    Count your blessings!

Wow, Gut, what a horrible woman. I hope you passed that story along to her boss. No one should hear that news in that way.

MRD - I have my fingers crossed for you and am sending prayers and good thoughts for the best possible news.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

MRD-hoping for the "negative" result for you! Wow-you Quit!!! Envious, but very glad for you!! I'm down to 8 cigs a day....hopefully by this summer it'll be "0".

Quote Originally Posted by Cootie View Post
    MRD, I pressed "like" on your post because of your last line, but took it off because I didn't want it to look like I like that you are faced with tough medical issues - so sorry to hear that - I hope that negative is the result.

And to all of you facing tough issues, I am so sorry for what you are facing and what your kids are troubled by...I am hoping for better days for us all! I am working on my attitude, trying to be positive and energized, but am going through a slump right now. I'm tough, though and will get by soon enough. Since I work extra hard at cleaning my house when I am feeling down, it is going to be spotless very soon
    Right now, I feel the same way Cootie. I try to keep a positive attitude and look for the silver lining in the difficult times but sometime it just doesn't work. I hate that helpless feeling. My way to cope is to work in my flower gardens or to clean house. I ought to have a sparkling house and nice flowers this spring. Sending you happy time hugs and hoping the blues pass quickly for you sweet friend.

MRD I'm hoping for positive results and keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. Your voice has been missed. I'm so happy you quit smoking!!!

+ Reply to Thread