+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1559Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Re: Talk about your troubles

Thanks, guys. I'm in an odd position because our divorce was NOT amicable, but over the years I've been able to neutralize my feelings over the two of them (he cheated with my best friend and now they're married) and honestly don't think about him much. But he is the father of my kids and they will be feeling upset.
    Count your blessings!

FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar

Sending healing thoughts and prayers!

Sending healing thoughts for your ex Gut.

It just speaks to your wonderful character that you can set your personal feelings toward him aside and put your children first!

FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar

Sending healing thoughts and prayers.

Having a difficult time-tomorrow will be 4 years since my son died. As much as I know he's ok, I find that I'm missing him a lot. Making wedding plans and I think he'd be really happy for me. My other two sons will be my attendants (my soon-to-be thinks they should wear dresses and I said only if you and your son do too) and we're all excited, but I miss that voice of his!

Thanks, guys. I'm in an odd position because our divorce was NOT amicable, but over the years I've been able to neutralize my feelings over the two of them (he cheated with my best friend and now they're married) and honestly don't think about him much. But he is the father of my kids and they will be feeling upset
    Your children( I dont know their ages) will thank you for allowing their father to remain an important part of their lives. I too had a messy divorce, but I never spoke ill of my ex in front of the children, adnd I think that kept them grounded. Well done

Having a difficult time-tomorrow will be 4 years since my son died. As much as I know he's ok, I find that I'm missing him a lot. Making wedding plans and I think he'd be really happy for me. My other two sons will be my attendants (my soon-to-be thinks they should wear dresses and I said only if you and your son do too) and we're all excited, but I miss that voice of his!

I am sure he is happy for you, you carry his love in your heart.

Quote Originally Posted by famita View Post
    Bittersweet time for you famita. You know your son would be/is happy for you, but you miss him. Enjoy the proceedings and mentally hug him whenever you think of him.
    Count your blessings!

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

I'm sorry for your loss, famita. Congratulations on your upcoming wedding. It's wonderful that your two sons will be your attendants but I am sure you will be feeling the loss of your late son acutely. Perhaps there is some way you can incorporate something in your wedding plans/ceremony that will remind you of him. Perhaps a favorite psalm, hymn, prayer? Maybe your sons could briefly share a remembrance or two of their brother at the reception. Or might that be too maudlin? Just trying to think of some ways he might be included in your special day. Sending big hugs to you.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Gutmutter, so sorry to hear of your ex-husband's cancer diagnosis. I'll be thinking positive thoughts for him. You are a wise lady as others have said to put the needs of your children first before your own personal feelings.

I hate that we have this in common. Please just know how happy your boy would be for you.
    CYA

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar

Dagwood, so sorry to read what your daughter is going through. Bullies are the pits and they suck giant ostrich eggs! My heart really goes out to her.

Gutmutter, thoughts and prayers go out to your children. They have your strength to lean on, and your strength is considerable!

Famita.... I am so very sorry for the loss of your son. My sincere condolences to you and your family. He will be watching from above and smiling broadly as you begin this new and lovely chapter of your life. Sending you the very best of wishes.

+ Reply to Thread