+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1622Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar

Re: Talk about your troubles

My condolences to you, nennie, and to your family. Hope your sister and their children will be okay. Thoughts and prayers go out to you.
    Inthegarden, so sorry to read about the loss of your friend. She must have been a remarkable woman, and I know you'll miss her.
    inthegarden likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by nennie View Post
    My brother in law passed away this morning. He fought a long hard fight but is now out of pain.
    Prayers are with you, my friend. At least he isn't suffering now.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

nennie, I am sorry for your family's loss. It is a small comfort to know he isn't suffering anymore, but at least it is something.

inthegarden, I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your gardening buddy. I'm sure she taught you many wonderful things and you will think of her often and fondly!

pikachu, I'm sorry you lost your trophy! Nothing wrong with being sad about it - or posting it here. It was a great accomplishment and I would be bummed out too!

Just an update - no news from the doctor, which we figure is good news. But my dad won't call the doctor to confirm and it isn't really the place of any of the rest of us to call for him. So, I am just making sure I and my kids spend as much time with him as we can. I guess more than anything, it is a wake-up call that he will not be around forever - so time to enjoy him while we can!
    Cootie, inthegarden and Fanny Mare like this.

KatesMom, My dad passed away when my son was 2. I have been surprised at how much he remembers about his Granddad. We have a lot of home movies, pictures, taped readings and family stories that are shared at family gatherings. Even though my dad is no longer around, he lives on through all of us and our memories.
    Cootie, KatesMom and Fanny Mare like this.

Thanks everyone for the condolences. We are having his funeral monday and my sister and his family are doing good. The funeral director did a wonderful job on him and he looks like he is just asleep.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

nennie! I hope today went as well as it possibly could for you and your family. You and yours are in my thoughts and prayers.

Thanks. It went well.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

Thinking of you nennie. The loss of a loved one and funeral are so hard. I am glad it went well.

My thoughts and prayers go out to Nennie and InntheGarden.

Kate's Mom, TReasure these moments you have with him. They will get you through the difficult times. My prayers are with you, as well.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

My son is a tween and started middle school last fall. Nearly from the beginning he was experiencing some anxiety that had never been an issue for him before. He is like a different person this year than he was last year and it has been very difficult to watch. I had touched base with both the pediatrician and the school counselor on this topic over the last few months. Over the last few days it got markedly worse and I called today to set up an initial evaluation with a psychologist. I just feel so crappy and helpless. As a parent I feel like *I* should be able to something to make him better!

+ Reply to Thread