+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree962Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Re: Talk about your troubles

My father had to go in for an ultrasound on his liver this week. We are waiting for the results. Long story short, he is an alcoholic and the doctor thinks it is cirrohsis. I have always known that he was not going to live to be 90 years old. And the results may come back fine. It just brings to the forefront the reality that he is not going to be around much longer. My brother, who is a doctor, actually thinks he has already had a few mini-strokes and thinks that a bigger stroke is probably in his near future. He hardly eats, is really overweight and has really high blood pressure. The funny thing to me is how much things change in your perspective once you have kids. My son is 2 years old and the saddest thing to me is that if my dad does die in the next year or so, my son will probably not have any memories of him when he grows up. So my prayer now is for my dad to make it a few more years, so my son can remember his grandpa!

I'm sorry KM. I wish the best for your family. My kids grew up without grandparents and it wasn't easy explaining to them why they didn't have any. Hang in there and hope for the best.
    CYA

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

I'll be keeping your dad in my thoughts, KatesMom.

I'm sorry to hear this, KatesMom. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. *hug*
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

Woodsprite Air Blobs Easy Champion inthegarden's Avatar

I'm sorry KatesMom. I'm keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar

Here's hoping your dad will be around for a few more years, Kate'sMom. It's never too late to turn things around, and I wish the best for him and for you.

I know that you will find it healing if you can see your father's body give up some of the anxiety it sounds like it is carrying. I know you do not want him to worry or suffer. I think your father getting to play with your son(when sober) will lift his spirits. And kind words from you will be as good as any medical treatment.

Even though I am older, I have to remind myself of the corrosiveness of words that could be construed as judgmental. I try to say prayers each day. Studies show that that has a positive effect on the mind....and perhaps that will make it easier to let go of what needs to be released.

Good thoughts out to you Katesmom
    KatesMom likes this.
    You can do it!

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Aww, I lost my arcade trophy! I had the highest score in Chopper Challenge for months but someone beat me in it. It took forever to get the score I did so no chance I'll win it back. Dang! I don't feel so special anymore. *sniff*

Awwww, pikachu - I think you're special.
    Count your blessings!

So sorry about your dad KatesMom, him along with your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

+ Reply to Thread