+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1678Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: Talk about your troubles

Crap like this is exactlly why I don't even bother answering my phone if it's from a number that I don't recognize, or if I have not initiated the call. It's just not worth the hassle, to me, and my curiosity just doesn't run high enough to want to know who is on the other end of the unknown call.

A lot of times, you can enter the call in to the Google search line and, more likely than not, you will get returns on other people who have had calls from the same number, and what it was about....usually nothing you want to be bothered with.
    Cootie and Poppy Fields like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

When I get calls I don't know I press talk and then press end. Don't bother with them.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

The police already knew about this scam apparently. Guess I should read the paper or listen to the news but I usually don't bother because it depresses me. The thing that got me was it was 9:40pm so I thought it was my son calling me and as he just moved to a different city I didn't know the area code for it...then when I answered the guy said this was so and so from My internet provider. Lets just say, they were very good at what they did but not good enough in the end.

Not that you'll be able to track it and do anything about it, but just FYI, I'm pretty sure it is illegal for telemarketers and bill collectors to call you before 8am in the morning or after 9pm at night (I think those are the times - you can check the laws to confirm).

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    Not that you'll be able to track it and do anything about it, but just FYI, I'm pretty sure it is illegal for telemarketers and bill collectors to call you before 8am in the morning or after 9pm at night (I think those are the times - you can check the laws to confirm).
    The current issue of Newsweek (Jan. 9 & 11, 2012) has a great article about abusive debt collection companies — interesting info! "Debt's Grim Reapers," p. 52.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar

Just would like to ask FoRT friends here to keep Bunny 555 in your thoughts and prayers. Today is the first anniversary of her beloved daughter's tragic passing. I am not a parent, so I can only imagine what a difficult year this has been for her. Dear Bunny...sending you lots of love. You are strong and brave, and I wish I knew how to ease your broken heart. You are in my thoughts and prayers, today, tomorrow, always.
    Cootie, Bunny555 and inthegarden like this.

Bunny 555-sending you warm healing thoughts and prayers.
    Bunny555 likes this.

Bunny555, I can't imagine what this past year has been for you. You are in my thoughts and prayers, friend.
    Bunny555 likes this.

You are in my thoughts and prayers Bunny555
    Bunny555 likes this.

Bunny555 You are in our thoughts and prayers.
    You can do it!

+ Reply to Thread