+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1997Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: Talk about your troubles

I'm so relieved that you do have a counselor and some others to talk to, JohnnyK. Please do be as open as you possibly can with them, so that they can know the pain you are in and can help. If you put on a brave face no one can help, and the professionals you talk to, at the least, can help you find the help you need. Do focus on those people you mention that you have left if you can, at least as much as the losses. And as always FORT people want to help with whatever you can share.

You been on my mind JohnnyK So glad you have someone to talk too.
    Sometimes, when I have a worry that I don't want to share with anyone, I write it down, then destroy it. It helps to get it out of my system.
    A long walk helps me too.
    We are here if you need to share.

livin4reality You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.
    livin4reality and Lizard like this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I'm guessing that JohnnyK knows more about every aspect of his issue than any of us do. I'm hearing a history of experience.

Luck to you, JK.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

Thanks everyone.

Well, I'm kinda doing better, but not too much. Mostly just going back and forth, mood/feelings-wise. Sometimes I feel okay, other times not as good.

Without getting into too much detail of what happened on the weekend that made me hit the lower point I've been in a long time, I'll just say that I should have known not to trust or start talking to people again that were part of what has caused problems for me in the past. But I thought after such a long time things could be better, but of course not.

So I have been talking to the people mentioned in previous posts, in real life, and that's been going okay.

The good in you wanted to believe that there was good in them and that everything would work out, but they're human and they fell back into their old ways. Don't let this discourage you. It takes great character to give people a second chance - it takes a good heart to trust, let alone trust those who have once, twice, three times betrayed us - and it takes a lot of strength to get back up after being knocked down... these are all things you are learning about yourself JohnnyK as you pass through this difficult time.

I have told this story before, but I will tell it again: There was a day this spring, early summer when I saw a man at the grocery store step out of his car and with great enthusiasm he yelled, "Hey Johnny K!" I looked to see who he was yelling to, and it wasn't the stud-ingly handsome guy I saw here on Picture Day so I knew it wasn't you, but I couldn't help but get a big grin on my face. We live a country apart, and yet you still make me smile.

There are days when our footprints feel oh so small, but then there are days when we realize that who we are is all that matters.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Baby's Breath View Post
    The good in you wanted to believe that there was good in them and that everything would work out, but they're human and they fell back into their old ways. Don't let this discourage you. It takes great character to give people a second chance - it takes a good heart to trust, let alone trust those who have once, twice, three times betrayed us - and it takes a lot of strength to get back up after being knocked down... these are all things you are learning about yourself JohnnyK as you pass through this difficult time.

I have told this story before, but I will tell it again: There was a day this spring, early summer when I saw a man at the grocery store step out of his car and with great enthusiasm he yelled, "Hey Johnny K!" I looked to see who he was yelling to, and it wasn't the stud-ingly handsome guy I saw here on Picture Day so I knew it wasn't you, but I couldn't help but get a big grin on my face. We live a country apart, and yet you still make me smile.

There are days when our footprints feel oh so small, but then there are days when we realize that who we are is all that matters.
    What a lovely, thoughtful post, Baby's Breath.

Haven't been around much but let me also add my best wishes to you, Johnny K. You are a very nice insightful young man (Hey, any faithful watcher of Jeopardy can't be all that bad! ) whom I've had the pleasure of sharing some fun times with in F/G forum. Hang in there!

I agree with BB. And remember JohnnyK, what they do says nothing about you and everything about them! You are in my thoughts.

Johnny K, you have gotten a lot of good advice here so there is very little that I can add, except this: You are not alone. By the time you reach my age (I have 2 grandkids older than you) you will come to realize that most everyone goes through a really bad patch or 2 during their lifetime. The lucky ones just wait it out and it goes away in a few weeks. But the rest need therapy and some need medication to get through it. The important thing to remember is that no matter how long and dark the tunnel is, there is an end to it. One day things will look at little brighter. Hang in there! Be completly honest with your therapist, post on here if it helps. You have gained the respect of many us and we wish you well.
    This is from all of us here
    Ellen, Cootie and Baby's Breath like this.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

I'm having a crappy day. I had a job interview this afternoon and it didn't go well. I've been looking for a new job for over 5 years and can't seem to catch a break. I just realized today that I'm probably going to be stuck at my current job for the rest of my life.

I originally planned to get a higher-paying job so I could afford to have repairs made to my car and condominium but since that's not going to happen, I guess I'll have to scale back my standard of living, which is hard to do because it's not all that extravagent anyway. I've been trying to keep cable and internet at home since I can't afford vacations or going to the movies too often but I might have to lose one of them at some point. I think when my current car stops running, I might have to consider taking the bus so I won't have the cost of maintaining a car.

Sometimes I just feel like my life really sucks and I see no way out. I'm not asking to be rich. I just want to have a comfortable living so I can get some little bit of joy while I'm here on this Earth. Is that really too much to ask?????

No pikachu it isn't. Life seems so tough for a lot of people right now. I would like to be at a place financially where my husband could completely retire. I don't see that happening anytime soon but I can always hope.

We thought hubs would get a bonus today but he didn't and he was a little down and I just told I am thankful all my bills are paid for the month and I have a roof over my head and that what I need I will worry about it tomorrow.

This is the first year without my mom and has been a sad time but I know where she is and I rejoice in that. My heart has been really heavy for my sister. Her husbands health is failing fast from the cancer and has been told it has spread all through his body. He stays in the bed most of the time because he just doesn't have the strength to stay up. He has been experiencing blood clots and had fell and fractured his hip and had to have the ball replaced and they can't get his iron levels to stay up so that is why he is so tired. They were going to try and come home for Christmas but he just can't travel. I know his time is limited and that has been really tough.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

+ Reply to Thread