+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1967Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    oh CC - doesn't sound like a good day

I had a rotten morning - I had a car accident and am still shaking from it. Basically hit the guardrail and got a flat and scraped the whole side of my minivan. Thank God I had already dropped off my daughter.

I need a nap, except I can't stop swerving in my head.

Yikes...marybethp, are you sure you're ok? Was there a lot of traffic? I hope you get to have your nap.

CC...maybe today is a good day to take a day off (probably too late now). Consider it...you deserve it.

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    I'm sorry about your friend's dad, CC.

Good Lord, Marybeth. I'm just happy you didn't get hurt. Hope you feel better after your nap.
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by OnMyLunchBreak
    My work mates and I are preparing for the one year "anniversary" of a co-worker who committed suicide on June 29, 2004. I had never been through anything like that before and I still feel like I'm still recovering just from the shock of it all.
    Aw, geez, OnMyLunchBreak, I'm so sorry to hear that you guys had to deal with that at the workplace. It's so difficult when it's a coworker, 'cause we often "know" the people with whom we work but we really don't "know" them at all.

I experienced the very same thing with a coworker back in about 1990, and it still rocks me. I'm very sorry you're having to go through it right now.

Quote Originally Posted by combatcutie
    Well, today they burried my sister's best friend's father. Very sad sad day. My eyes are swollen and burning from crying so much.

Then I come to work to find out from my co-worker that my boss said that if we don't start writing more business (we've had a slow month compared to last month) that we won't be getting a raise in August. Well let me tell you something Mr. Don't Have the Balls to tell my co-worker to do her share of the work......If I don't get a raise, your business is going to go under because I am leaving. I do WAY too much to not get a raise. I am always here. Never take all of my two weeks vacation days or sick days.
    combatcutie I'm so sorry for all your troubles, too. I'm here for you.

Quote Originally Posted by hepcat
    Hang in there, JD. Everyone has given such great advice, I just want to add a As long as those grandbabies have you to hug and love them up, I'm sure they will do just fine.
    I couldn't agree more, J.D., and I wish you all the best. You know we're here for you.

And Gutmutter, wherever you are, I'm thinking of you lots these days, too!!!

Leia-Jakita-Arendt OnMyLunchBreak's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pomeraniac
    Aw, geez, OnMyLunchBreak, I'm so sorry to hear that you guys had to deal with that at the workplace. It's so difficult when it's a coworker, 'cause we often "know" the people with whom we work but we really don't "know" them at all.

I experienced the very same thing with a coworker back in about 1990, and it still rocks me. I'm very sorry you're having to go through it right now.
    Thank you so much Pomeraniac. Thankfully, I just found out this week that I will be on a road trip with my Dad that week, so I can grieve in peace. I'm sorry you had to experience the same thing.

The tough part is that I really did "know" him, we were pretty close, but not as close as I thought. I felt like I had failed him for months afterwards (even though, I know, there probably was nothing I could have done)...but I still wish I had been given the opportunity to try, I just didn't know things were that bad.

Hugs to everyone going through hard times right now!

My work mates and I are preparing for the one year "anniversary" of a co-worker who committed suicide on June 29, 2004. I had never been through anything like that before and I still feel like I'm still recovering just from the shock of it all.
    My first year in college, I stayed in the dorms at San Diego State. Thad, Ed, Steve, Cary, Jenn, Cheryl and I went to meals together, played cards at night, and shared notes from class. Typical dorm stuff.

On our periphery was another student named Patrick. We all know a Patrick. Whatever story you told, Patrick could beat it. You could tell Patrick about the time you saved the President's life, and Patrick would tell you how he took a bullet for the President...by catching it in his teeth. You know what I'm saying.

We would shake our heads and laugh at him behind his back.

After that first year, we all went our separate ways. Thad rented a house with Ed and Steve. Cary struck out on her own and went to work. I don't know what happened to Jenn. Cheryl married her control-freak of a boyfriend, who asked her to drop out of school and make babies.

I went back home to Northern California.

Later that summer, I called Ed, Steve and Thad to let them know I'd be in town and wanted to know whether they wanted to grab a bite to eat.

I was told that Patrick went home, sat in the room he had used as a boy, and committed suicide.

We were 18 and 19 years old. And that was over a decade ago. We were so young.

I'm sorry for your loss, OMLB. I remember the shock that I felt, and I know that yours must be similar.

Here's to the ones who have passed. Cheers.
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but...the bad things donít always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

Thank you for the words of comfort and for sharing your experience Phat.

I just tell myself what I've told myself for the past year: I hope he is in a better place and that the demons that plagued him in this life are gone. I hope this for all people who have been compelled to take this course of action.

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    Thank you for the words of comfort and for sharing your experience Phat.

I just tell myself what I've told myself for the past year: I hope he is in a better place and that the demons that plagued him in this life are gone. I hope this for all people who have been compelled to take this course of action.

I'm so sorry for you, you just don't realize how it will impact you until it happens. I lost a very close boyfriend/friend in March - the same way. I was supposed to have been there that weekend with him, and I blew him off, heading off elsewhere. I know it wasn't my fault - but the guilt is huge. If I had a dollar for every time I said "if only..." .... Like you, I hope he is at peace now. Fortunately, his family and friends are still close and we are always there to comfort each other - and that has been an amazing help.

Moving back to my crisis from earlier this week...I finally got ahold of Lori, got her side of the story of her and TJ's split - I got to tell her how we love her and support her and she has a huge support team here to lean on - and to stop trying to shoulder the world. She has always been one to feel like she is going to prove herself. She said she just wants to crawl in bed and pull the covers up and cry. I said, then do it! I'll bring the Puffs and take the babies off your hands - cry as much as you need. I also told her that I need to hear her voice. If she doesn't want to talk to me - call me and say mom, kiss off, I don't want to talk to you right now. She promised she will. I'd certainly rather hear "kiss off" than nothing. I am so blessed to have such wonderful kids. I don't know how I got so lucky.

Thanks for all the reassurance and all the hugs, everyone. It has helped so much - you'll never know. Forters are the best.

Premium Member
    I'm sorry you went through such a painful experience. A close friend of mine lost her husband 5 years ago to suicide. He was 47 years old and had chronic, crippling back pain, and doctors had told him he didn't have much time before he would need to be in a wheelchair.
    One morning she left for work, and while she was in the garage she heard the gunshot. She ran in the house and found him on the floor of the kitchen, still alive, but he died the next day.
    She's doing ok now but the first few years were so hard with all the pain, questions, anger, and the loneliness of not having him there. The saddest thing is for someone to feel like they have no other choice but death.

Thank you all so much for the wonderful thoughts and words! I'm sorry that so many of us seem to share this same, painful experience but I can't tell you how much it means to me for you to share your stories.

J.D....I'm glad that you're daughter has started to open up to you and begin the healing process. You are a good Mom and friend.

+ Reply to Thread