+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1684Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Re: Talk about your troubles

I'm so very sorry for your loss punkin.
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Personally, I think when the words come to you, you will know the right ones and they will be all yours. Some things you just can't rush. Take your time.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Punkin, I'm so sorry for your loss.

Punkin -My thoughts and prayers and heart are with you.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Thank you, every one of you, for your kind condolences and suggestions. Yesterday DH came home and found me in tears with these beautiful invitations in front of me. He said, "Just put it aside for now and sleep on it. The right words will come." And he was right.

Now I just need him to dig out the old Laser printer from the garage (so much more professional looking print than these inkjet things we use now) and find just the perfect font and I'm good to go. I feel such a relief and a measure of peace.

Funny thing is, I mostly lurk here every BB, TAR and Survivor season and have never come to this forum before, but somehow I knew that in this huge community of FORT fans there would be a place I could come to for solice and comfort. Thank you all, again.

Kisses, Lynda

I'm very sorry for your loss, Punkin. I agree with the advice you've been given. Sometimes when a group of people get together to talk about a loved one who is gone, wonderful things happen. When my dad died several years ago, my sister and her family and my brother-in-law and his boys (my other sister has passed away a few months previously) all got together. We sat in a restaurant for HOURS and shared stories about my dad from when we were little. Some of the stories, my nieces and nephews never heard before. As sad as it started out to be, by the end of that day, we were laughing and remembering all the wonderful things about my dad. I hope that the life celebration for your sister turns out the same way.

Punkin I am so very sorry for your loss.

Punkin, I'm sorry for your loss. I agree that it helps to hear stories-you'll remember those and it helps.

Punkin, Lynda,

I am so very sorry for your loss.
    My best friend lost her sister to brain cancer last month.
    The service was basically a celebration of her life and was worded as such.
    There was also a video that was created with all the numerous pictures of her / friends / family through the years and it was against the backdrop of her favorite song / songs.
    Also, 2 of her best and longest term friends delivered eulogies which captured her "essence" a lot better than most do at these services.
    It was 1 of the most beautiful services I'd ever attended as it was, truly, from the heart.
    In addition, she was doing so poorly at the end - she deteriorated very quickly - that the family / friends didn't want her to be in such pain / poor shape, etc.
    Again, my condolences to you.
    I lost my older sister 40 years ago.
    I cannot imagine losing my younger sister, as we are so close.

Namaste, my dear.
    Last edited by norealityhere; 08-12-2011 at 05:00 PM.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

I lost a friend and co-worker to cancer early this morning. He was diagnosed less than a year ago, and the prognosis was never very good. However, he lived the last several months of his life just like he lived the rest of his life. He was always very positive and up-beat. Often, when one of us was feeling kind of down over what he was going through, he'd be the one to try to cheer us up. He truly was an inspiration to all of us, and he will be missed.

+ Reply to Thread