+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1684Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    Thanks, ladies. I understand what you are saying, Lucy, and thanks. I do the same with my mom - she's the most supportive person in my life - my rock - and usually the last person I turn to. I guess logic sort of flies out the window in these situations.

I sure do with that stupid phone would ring. I keep looking at it to make sure I didn't turn it off by mistake...or let the battery run down....this is all so new to me, and unexpected.

Ah, JD, I'm so sorry to hear this. I know that when I hurt, I can deal with it fine, but when one of my kids hurts - man, it's like my heart has been ripped out, crushed, set on fire, and . . . well, you get the picture.

I agree with the above - that she more than likely didn't tell you first because of how much she loves and respects you, and therefore, didn't want to feel that she had disappointed you.

I remember when I had to tell my own parents that I was getting a divorce (hubby decided after 15 years that he liked men better). Even though I knew that I would have their support and their love, it was hard - something I dreaded and put off, until I had no choice. But one thing I remember - that has meant the world to me - is how they responded to my news . . .they just loved on me. They knew that this was not an easy decision for me, and they knew that it was a decision that I wouldn't make lightly. Although I know that they would never wish for a divorce for one of their kids, it didn't stop them from just being there when I needed them the most.

Your daughter is so incredibly lucky to have you for a mom - and I'm sure that she knows it. Just remember that even though she may be "grown up" on the outside, somewhere inside she's still your little girl who needs her mommy now more than ever! I'm sure that she will look back on this and wonder why she ever hesitated to tell you, because, as always, you were there for her when she needed you most!
    I don't have OCD, I have CDO. It's like OCD except that the letters are in alphabetical order like they should be!

JD everyone gave great advice, so I'll just give you a big hug and wish you, your daughter and the kiddies the best.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Oh JD, I am so sorry to hear this. I hope everything will be okay. Your little angels will be just fine because they have so much love surrounding them. I'm sure Lori didn't want to tell you because she thought you would be disappointed in her. Right now, all you can do is be there for her and listen to her. I will keep you, Lori, and those precious little ones in my thoughts and prayers.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    JD I'm really sorry to hear the news. As a parent, you just never want your children to hurt. You'd take it away if you could. I'm not qualified to give advice in this situation, having never experienced divorce, but will tell you that we're all here for you and wishing you all the best!

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    Aww, geez. Now you guys are making me cry. Everyone is so nice here. She never did call last night, but I knew she was exhausted and I just went to bed with my phone two inches from my head just in case.

She did leave me another email this morning - promising she'll call tonight. So I just sent another email back. Stupid email. I reassured her that I AM her mommy - even tho she is all grown up now. I reminded her she has a HUGE support group around her - and there will be absolutely no "I told you so" garbage coming her way. At least not from our side of the family. I got divorced the same way - my kids were really little, too - and we pulled through somehow - and so will she. But you are right - if I could do it for her, I would in a heartbeat. I did tell her that I am here 24/7 and she may want to talk and talk and say the same things over and over - and I'm here to listen to all of it. I don't know how she is going to work, school and taking care of the babies! I don't want her to crumble. She's a strong kid and a great person, but we all have a breaking point. I promised I'll be there at the drop of a hat if she needs me.

Argh, this is hard. I don't know what I'd do without all my fort buds. Thank you all so much, really, thank you.

Hang in there, JD. Everyone has given such great advice, I just want to add a As long as those grandbabies have you to hug and love them up, I'm sure they will do just fine.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

JD, I'm sorry you have to go through this. Your grandchildren will be fine, they're surrounded by a loving family.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Well, today they burried my sister's best friend's father. Very sad sad day. My eyes are swollen and burning from crying so much.

Then I come to work to find out from my co-worker that my boss said that if we don't start writing more business (we've had a slow month compared to last month) that we won't be getting a raise in August. Well let me tell you something Mr. Don't Have the Balls to tell my co-worker to do her share of the work......If I don't get a raise, your business is going to go under because I am leaving. I do WAY too much to not get a raise. I am always here. Never take all of my two weeks vacation days or sick days.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

CC, I'm sorry that you have had such a sad day.

Regarding your job, I sincerely hope that you do get your raise in August, but I really do think that your boss takes advantage of all the hard work you do when it appears that your lazy co-worker never does anything. Maybe you SHOULD take your vacation and sick days . . . that way he would see what it is like when your lazy co-worker gets stuck doing all the work, and nothing gets done! Maybe that would show him!
    I don't have OCD, I have CDO. It's like OCD except that the letters are in alphabetical order like they should be!

+ Reply to Thread