+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1684Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Re: Talk about your troubles

I am sorry to hear of your former student's passing, Cootie.

FORT Fogey

Cootie - so sorry to hear your sad news. I hope your good memories of this young man will bring you comfort at this awful time.

I'm so sorry to hear cootie. How tragic.

Oh, Cootie, I am so sorry to hear this.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Thanks for the kind words. He was the oldest of 4 children, so his younger siblings are going to have a hard time. And his poor parents, oh dear. I do have wonderful memories of him and he was a good kid. I hope that this accident will help other kids use more caution while swimming in rivers. It seems to happen every few years around here and it is so tragic.

I have a friend who almost lost her son when he attempted to save one of his friends in treacherous waters. The boys had gone in an area that was posted and things turned tragic quickly. He was a trained, strong swimmer, yet he had to leave his friend to save himself. For the next two years, he was "lost" but now he's serving our country as a naval search and rescue member.

I'm so sorry for your pain Cootie, and I heartily agree with your message to other kids.

So sorry to learn about the death of your student, Cootie.

Is anyone else troubled about how grown children think that they know better than you about how to conduct your life? I'm really weary of daughter #1 and all her helpful hints. Ugh!

FORT Fogey

Re: post above -- our grown children expect us not to give them a lot of hints or advice, and we are entitled to the same from them. I just used to let my mom talk, knowing her ideas were drastically different than mine, and then go about my business. You can listen to your daughter and ignore her ideas, or you can tell her you appreciate her concerns, but you have your own ideas and if you feel the need for help, you will ask for it. This is all subject to the relationship you have with her, both your personalities, etc. etc. A long, involved topic, my friend....and sometimes one which has no one good solution.....

Just the tricky mother and daughter relationship, I guess. Another pretty avatar, CMD.

FORT Fogey

1dog2kids: - yes, it is a tricky relationship, and so is the one between mothers and sons (I have two sons). There is no pat answer to any of these relationships.....we all just bumble along with them and do the best we can.

Avatar is a hydrangea blossoming in my yard - I took the bush from my Dad's yard in NY when they moved to California in 1976, brought it to our then current home, and here to Columbia in 1977. And it's still going!!! Amazing!!!

+ Reply to Thread